+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Waiting for my LMO with another employer yet work permit will expired on June 30

nezya

May 16, 2010
Hello,

My case is like this, I was working as housekeeper and got terminated last Dec. 14, 2009. I still have a valid work permit until June 30, 2010. I applied for EI and fortunately I was granted coz they considered me as laid off by the co. Now I found a new job and they are working on my LMO. I read about the restoration in cic.ga and as I understand it I can still apply after June 30, 2010 as long as it's within the 90 days after the expiration of my WP is this correct? Or is it better to apply for restoration before 30 days of the expiration of my WP? I'm planning to wait for the result of my LMO so that I can apply for work permit only and not for the restoration. Or do you think I can apply both? the work permit and the restoration at the same time? Please enlighten me....

Another concern, since I'm here in now in Canada can I apply as live-in caregiver or nanny even if I didn't have any experience or any education? What if I found an employer and willing to sponsor me as nanny can they'll be granted with positive LMO?

Thank you so much hope to hear from you...

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
nezya said:
Hello,

My case is like this, I was working as housekeeper and got terminated last Dec. 14, 2009. I still have a valid work permit until June 30, 2010. I applied for EI and fortunately I was granted coz they considered me as laid off by the co. Now I found a new job and they are working on my LMO. I read about the restoration in cic.ga and as I understand it I can still apply after June 30, 2010 as long as it's within the 90 days after the expiration of my WP is this correct? Or is it better to apply for restoration before 30 days of the expiration of my WP? I'm planning to wait for the result of my LMO so that I can apply for work permit only and not for the restoration. Or do you think I can apply both? the work permit and the restoration at the same time? Please enlighten me....

Another concern, since I'm here in now in Canada can I apply as live-in caregiver or nanny even if I didn't have any experience or any education? What if I found an employer and willing to sponsor me as nanny can they'll be granted with positive LMO?

Thank you so much hope to hear from you...
You may not qualify under the live in caregiver even if somebody is willing to hire you as one, if you don't have at least one year experience or 6 month care giving course certificate. You don't have to apply for restoration of status now because you're not out status yet (June 30, 2010 is more than a month away). You can send for an extension/change of status though, citing waiting for LMO and WP as reason for the extension. This you can do before your status expires on June 30.