+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Waiting for my inland PR application

zinmar0419

Jan 6, 2010
Hi everyone,

I got married in Canada in March 2008. We applied our application in April 2008 and Vergervill recieved our application on 25th of April 2008. They asked for few more documents and they send me a letter saying that, the file has been transfer to Calgary local office for review on January 2009. And in July we recieved the letter saying that they will review my file in March 2011. I am living in Canada on Visitor visa. I am renewing my visa every 6 months. I am very faustrated... I don't know what to do. The lawyer my husband hired is a useless lawyer. He doesn't follow up with my case. Does it take this long?? Please help me and give me some advice.. What should I do.. I am reallly getting tired of waiting.

thank you
Zin

Swede

Aug 18, 2009
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London, England
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2009-10-27
File Transfer...
2009-11-12
Med's Done....
2009-08-11
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
2010-01-22
VISA ISSUED...
2010-01-20
LANDED..........
2010-03-05
zinmar0419 said:
Hi everyone,

I got married in Canada in March 2008. We applied our application in April 2008 and Vergervill recieved our application on 25th of April 2008. They asked for few more documents and they send me a letter saying that, the file has been transfer to Calgary local office for review on January 2009. And in July we recieved the letter saying that they will review my file in March 2011. I am living in Canada on Visitor visa. I am renewing my visa every 6 months. I am very faustrated... I don't know what to do. The lawyer my husband hired is a useless lawyer. He doesn't follow up with my case. Does it take this long?? Please help me and give me some advice.. What should I do.. I am reallly getting tired of waiting.

thank you
Zin
I don't know that much about your case, but generally applying inland would not be advisable unless your alternative would be a very slow outland visa office like e.g. Accra or Nairobi. For some reason a lot of immigration lawyers have a penchant for advising their clients to take the inland route. Maybe they get paid more when a case takes longer time?

If you feel it takes too long you could consider withdrawing your application and applying outland instead. Since you've been in Canada for more than one year you would be eligible to apply through Buffalo, which at the moment has an application time of 4-10 months.

I'm sad to read about your situation in any case... :(

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Order your FOSS notes to find out why they sent your application for review without a first stage approval. Then at least you will know what they will ask you about in 2011 but you also have the option of withdrawing your application and applying again outland, making sure that you first fix the problem that Vegreville had with your application.

F

Fernandita

Hi, Im in the same situation than you.. We applied on February 2009 and they received on March 2009... They transfered to Calgary CIC on July 2009 and I got a letter that said they will review my file on February 2012.. I went to the office and they said it could take longer than 2012 to review or process.... Im thinking to withdraw application and started with outland its so faster in my cas 6-12 months.....

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Still, you need to find out why they transferred your file without first stage approval and see if it's a problem you can fix before you apply outland. Otherwise it can become a problem again.

Lylyth

Star Member
Sep 15, 2009
Did you receive your AIP? I could see it maybe taking up to 3 years to process PR, but its ususally way faster for the first stage of approval. Definately order your FOSS notes to find out what the issue(s) is/are.

zinmar0419

Jan 6, 2010
Hi, thank you soo much for all of ur advise and reply.. I havn't gotten any AIP or anything. I am going to CIC calgary office tomorrow and see what is going on. I am getting my new lawyer also.. I wanted to slove all the problems and wanted to withdraw the paper and apply outland but my husband doesn't like the idea of me leaving Canada.. I am praying day and night to get my PR quickly.. Let's hope for the best..

Thank you

Swede

Aug 18, 2009
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London, England
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2009-10-27
File Transfer...
2009-11-12
Med's Done....
2009-08-11
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
2010-01-22
VISA ISSUED...
2010-01-20
LANDED..........
2010-03-05
zinmar0419 said:
Hi, thank you soo much for all of ur advise and reply.. I havn't gotten any AIP or anything. I am going to CIC calgary office tomorrow and see what is going on. I am getting my new lawyer also.. I wanted to slove all the problems and wanted to withdraw the paper and apply outland but my husband doesn't like the idea of me leaving Canada.. I am praying day and night to get my PR quickly.. Let's hope for the best..

Thank you
Note that you don't have to be outside the country to apply outland. If you can get visiting status for the duration of your application you can stay.

F

Fernandita

Do you need an status to apply outland if you want to stay in Canada? If the embassy call you for an interview you have to leave and stay there until you get your PR.. How long does it take that?

durianfruit604

Star Member
Jan 8, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC SINGAPORE
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-12-2009
File Transfer...
30-12-2009
Med's Done....
09-11-2009
If you withdraw your inland application, the downfall is that you waould lose you fees that you paid cic. on the other hand, starting all over with ouland is still time consuming and you would still have to submit your evidences again which might not be returned from your first application. i suggest you e-mail or telephone cic for an inquiry about your case or go to a local mp for help.