+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Waiting for my eCOPR but meanwhile being asked by IRCC (cic.gc.ca) to submit a Kit, Application forms for my Canadian child and common law partner

SamusAran

Feb 1, 2024
Hello Everyone,

Just looking for someone to share any story for a similar situation I’m having right now.

This is my case:

I just got last week an email receiving my PR Credentials, so I was already able to upload my photo and confirm my address, which means since then and at this moment 2024-02-01, I'm still waiting to receive my eCOPR Document.

However,

On October 12, 2023, I submitted information related to my marital status which changed due to the newborn of my Canadian child but after 3 months, EE – IRCC (cic.gc.ca) just asked me to include my child and common law partner to my application sending a Kit Application Form for each of them.

So, it should be noted
that I applied, and I received my PR invitation before I met the mother of my child, so that means that by the time my child was born (April, 2023) my application was still in progress and by October 12, 2023, I updated my marital status and also sent a letter explaining in a very detailed way that I was not including my common law partner to my application since I met her before the time I applied for (below you can see chronology).

The issue I have is that I already receive last week my PR credentials for myself only (since I was never intended to include my partner since she had a different application process) and now I am waiting for my eCOPR, however, as of today I am being asked by IRCC to include my child and common law partner (we got in common law after the born of our child) sending a Kit Application Form, after 3 months I changed my marital status!!

Having said that:

• Is this something I should be worried about?
  • Is the PR Portal and the EE – IRCC (cic.gc.ca) site connected somehow?
  • Could I get my eCOPR without providing such Kit Application Forms (child, partner)?
  • Should I submit the Kit Application Form and what I should expect?

Additional information on my case is that On February 9, 2024, my current WP will be expiring, so I was hoping to get my eCOPR by this time but now it seems will take longer with this new Kit Application Forms!

This is a summary in relation to the dates when I applied and when I met her, etc:

"1. On February 20, 2023, I applied to Express Entry Program, and I received my invitation to apply

on March 15, 2023, in that period I was single.

2. On April 13, 2023, I received the acknowledgement of receipt for my Application for Permanent

Residence, in that period I was still single.

3. On April 30, 2023, I had a life event due to the birth of my child, because of this birth, my status

changed to common law regarding my partner.

My child, whose name is Jane Doe, was born in Vancouver in April 2023, which

means she is Canadian citizen, and she lives in British Columbia with her parents. See her birth certificate

on page 2.

My common law partner, whose name is Jane Doe 2, she already had one child by the time

I met her in Canada. Her child, whose name is John Doe, was born in Vancouver in July 2021,

which also means he is Canadian citizen, and he lives in British Columbia as well with his parents. See

his birth certificate on page 3.

Conclusion:

Because of the information mentioned above, the children are Canadian citizen which means they do not

need to be added to my Permanent Residence Application; therefore, I would like you kindly to move

forward and continue processing my PR Application."