+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Waiting for initial response from canadian high commission

RAKESHREDDY

Aug 7, 2009
Hello,
I submitted the application for canada student visa on Aug 24th. Its more than one month now and I still did not get any initial response from canadian high commission. Can any body please let me know how long process will take for student visa. Thanks.

kista

Aug 24, 2009
which country? you can check processing times for ur country on cic.gc.ca. Usually one month is OK. It also depends on when ur classes r starting. Usually CHC doesn't issue visa a month before the starting of classes.

kista

Aug 24, 2009
U didn't even get a medical call. They should have contacted u, i think. Fax them and try to call as well.

RAKESHREDDY

Aug 7, 2009
I did not even get medical call. They did not contacted me at all. I sent an email yesterday and still waiting for the email response.

kista

Aug 24, 2009
Usually they don't repond to emails. See their number on cic.gc.ca and try to talk someone.

RAKESHREDDY

Aug 7, 2009
I got reply to email from Delhi Canadian high commission. Below is the email:

This is in response to your recent enquiry to the Immigration Section of the Canadian High Commission in New Delhi.

Your application is under review and will take more time to process. You will receive further instructions shortly.

Please refrain from sending further correspondence until instructed to do so. Subsequent emails will not receive a reply

RAKESHREDDY

Aug 7, 2009
Canadian High Commission called my bank yesterday regarding loan. Do any body know how long will it take to get initial response?

RAKESHREDDY

Aug 7, 2009
kista, please reply

Still I did not get initial response from delhi canadian high commission. I already missed fall semester deadline. Please let me know what to do.

kista

Aug 24, 2009
Defer ur admission to the next term and get a new admission letter and WAIT. That's all I can say.

RAKESHREDDY

Aug 7, 2009
kista, please reply

Please let me know whether my visa will be approved or rejected.

Below is the recent email message reply from delhi high commission:

"Further research and review is needed before a decision can be made on your application. I am therefore unable to provide you with a definitive time frame for finalization. I can confirm, however, that processing is proceeding and there is currently no action required on your part.

Our office will be in touch with you directly should we need any further information or to advise of the next steps. Until then, we will not be able to provide any further information regarding your application."

kista

Aug 24, 2009
If u haven't lied about anything and there is no flaw in ur application, there is no reason to lose hope. Delays are not unusual.

RAKESHREDDY

Aug 7, 2009
Almost three months over and I still did not get any initial response from delhi canadian high commission. Any reasons?