+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Waiting for Citizenship Desicion

faysalwasim

Jun 2, 2018
Apllied Citizenship Scarborough office 30th October, 2017
Passed Test and interview on March 16, 2018
Submitted original Police certificate on 14th December, 2018
Still waiting for Decision made/for Oath letter
I am very much worried for the Oath. Several times I sent web form inquiry but they are saying the same thing every time that your application is still in process. Any idea when they will schedule me for Oath.

sistemc

Feb 2, 2014
Apllied Citizenship Scarborough office 30th October, 2017
Passed Test and interview on March 16, 2018
Submitted original Police certificate on 14th December, 2018
Still waiting for Decision made/for Oath letter
I am very much worried for the Oath. Several times I sent web form inquiry but they are saying the same thing every time that your application is still in process. Any idea when they will schedule me for Oath.
When did you get the IP status? If it was within last 12 months you can’t do much except ordering the GCMS notes and deciphering the status of your application.

Once passing 12 months from the IP you can engage your local MP.

scorph

Aug 17, 2017
Abbotsford BC
Extended background checks might be holding back progress in your application. I see that you submitted police certificate from abroad. I think this might explain the extended time. Now, you can still order GCMS notes to have a clear idea like Sistemc said.
Good luck!

absolute_boy97

Star Member
Feb 14, 2013
Guys, I completed my citizenship test (passed) and interview a few days ago in Vancouver center. The officer asked me for translation of passport pages which I completed and brought back to that very center and gave to the "commissioner" there. He stamped the envelope and put it in a drawer and told me to "consider this received". Now how can I make sure he has not forgotten about and that he has actually passed them on to the officer?

bucajack

Star Member
Apr 2, 2018
Guys, I completed my citizenship test (passed) and interview a few days ago in Vancouver center. The officer asked me for translation of passport pages which I completed and brought back to that very center and gave to the "commissioner" there. He stamped the envelope and put it in a drawer and told me to "consider this received". Now how can I make sure he has not forgotten about and that he has actually passed them on to the officer?
Send a webform to IRCC in a couple of days and ask them to confirm they were received.

EstherBarros

Aug 18, 2014
BC- Canada
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
17-11-2014
Doc's Request.
02-07-2015
AOR Received.
03-02-2015
File Transfer...
14-02-2015
Med's Done....
23-09-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
07-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
19-08-2015
LANDED..........
22-08-2015
I have done that before in Vancouver, he will take your correspondence to the mail room and it will get to your officer like regular mail. You can give the call centre a call to check if they were received, but I would wait a couple of weeks :)

absolute_boy97

Star Member
Feb 14, 2013
I have done that before in Vancouver, he will take your correspondence to the mail room and it will get to your officer like regular mail. You can give the call centre a call to check if they were received, but I would wait a couple of weeks :)
Thanks a lot. what is the number of the call center? (can we call the same center?) I am currently out of Canada and cannot make calls to the number I find on immigration website

EstherBarros

Aug 18, 2014
BC- Canada
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
17-11-2014
Doc's Request.
02-07-2015
AOR Received.
03-02-2015
File Transfer...
14-02-2015
Med's Done....
23-09-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
07-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
19-08-2015
LANDED..........
22-08-2015
Thanks a lot. what is the number of the call center? (can we call the same center?) I am currently out of Canada and cannot make calls to the number I find on immigration website
I don't think you can call IRCC from outside of Canada =/ the only number I am aware of and have used is the one on the website