+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Waiting for BIL for Spouse (Primary received it on same day)

vicwest

Sep 23, 2014
Hi,

I'm looking for some advise. We applied for my father-in-law (primary applicant) and mother-in-law for supervisa. We have indicated in the application that they'd like to submit biometrics. Father-in-law received the invitation to submit biometrics within a few hours. However, mother-in-law is showing up as application submitted with no further updates. I've read on some threads that it's normal and BIL is sent after a couple of days. The amount is paid for both services (visa and biometrics) and for both of them although the receipt indicates it as 2 payments for visa and one payment for biometric ($100 + $100 + $170 = $370/-). The $170/- is $85 biometric fee for 2 persons

It's been a week so far and there's no update until now. I've submitted a webform online with the payment receipt. Is this fairly normal? If so, when can I expect an update on BIL for mother-in-law?

Additional details: Their supervisa is getting expired and this is like a renewal for them. I don't want to book separate appointments for biometrics as they have to travel to another city to submit them.

vicwest

Sep 23, 2014
It’s a common issue these days . When did u submit the webform
I submitted one on June 12th and one on June 17th.

I wouldn't be so worried if they were living in the same city as VAC. But they have to make a 5 hour road trip and I want to make sure they don't have to do it again and again. What's recommended - whether to submit for father-in-law before 30 days or request an extension if mother-in-law's request is delayed beyond 30 days? Please advise