+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Waiting for BCPNP to Approve need a work permit

pphelps

Oct 3, 2012
Hello Everyone

My boyfriend has been nominated through his work and we sent the application to BCPNP about 3 weeks ago, not heard anything yet. We are both on working holiday visas until November 8 2012 we need to extend in order to keep working while the BCPNP si going through, i called CIC they told me to get a LMO for his job which we did and it was sent yesterday but they told me i can't work unless his LMO is approved as skilled (i don't think this will happen) or the BCPNP approve before our permit expires.

What are my options i need to keep working i can't get a LMO off my work as I am a temp receptionist and hired through an agency, i have worked for this employer for 5 months. in order to keep working someone mentioned just applying for a work permit and even though it will get denied you will buy yourself some more time while BCPNP is being looked at.

Any help would be appreciated

kateinbc

Nov 9, 2012
Hello!

Never thought i'd reply to anyone's post on these forums but you really are in the exact same situation as me! Before i waffle on though sweet i just wanted to ask whats your current situation? Has anything changed? Do you have the file number from the BCPNP yet?

I dont want to write out a speech if you're all good now hehe

If you do still check your post though just a quickie......my boyfriend and I have been on work permits for the past 2 years but my job was no help, but his employers nominated him for bcpnp. I come on these forums because everything is so over whelming!

Although, i have spoke to both CIC and BCPNP regarding all this stuff, but hey maybe you know more than me at this point. Drop me a reply if you need to natter with a Brit who loves it here and is hoping everything will come together with permanent residency.