+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Wait Time

Steven J

May 28, 2024
So, I’ve been trying to renew my PR Card. I used the Permanent Resident Portal for that. First time I submitted on April 10, got returned April 23, then I resubmitted on April 23, got returned on May 2. Then I resubmitted on May 2. Then May 3 I submitted 2 fresh new applications along even though I already submitted one. One got returned May 10 saying the reason was “You currently have an application in progress and the fee receipt corresponded is already being used upon your request” So should that mean they’re working on it? How long will it be until I get an answer and get my PR card.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
So, I’ve been trying to renew my PR Card. I used the Permanent Resident Portal for that. First time I submitted on April 10, got returned April 23, then I resubmitted on April 23, got returned on May 2. Then I resubmitted on May 2. Then May 3 I submitted 2 fresh new applications along even though I already submitted one. One got returned May 10 saying the reason was “You currently have an application in progress and the fee receipt corresponded is already being used upon your request” So should that mean they’re working on it? How long will it be until I get an answer and get my PR card.
Current processing time is 75 days - then you have to factor in approx. 2-3 weeks additional weeks for mailing. You would start counting the processing time from the time IRCC received your complete application (so from May 2nd). This assumes your application is standard.

Steven J

May 28, 2024
Current processing time is 75 days - then you have to factor in approx. 2-3 weeks additional weeks for mailing. You would start counting the processing time from the time IRCC received your complete application (so from May 2nd). This assumes your application is standard.
So I bet it should be sometime this month. That might help, thank you.

Steven J

May 28, 2024
Ever since I submitted on May 2nd, they haven’t notified me. When I enquired on we form, they told me my application was in progress. So that should be good right?