+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Wait time for Final Decision after Eligibility Decision Letter?

LovelylilD

Oct 7, 2024
My common-law spouse is sponsoring me from within Canada. We submitted in March. By the end of May I had submitted my medical and biometrics. Mid-June we both get our eligibility letters and we are both approved. We haven’t heard anything since then and now it is October. I feel like things were moving along smoothly until then and now it’s stalled. Does this seem unusual to anyone else? Does anyone have any advice on next steps? I called the IRCC contact number and they told me to just be patient, but I’m worried I’ll just keep waiting when there was something I actually needed to do/could have done to move this along.

Thank you!

Charlamanderxxxx

Jun 27, 2024
Toronto
Category........
FAM
My common-law spouse is sponsoring me from within Canada. We submitted in March. By the end of May I had submitted my medical and biometrics. Mid-June we both get our eligibility letters and we are both approved. We haven’t heard anything since then and now it is October. I feel like things were moving along smoothly until then and now it’s stalled. Does this seem unusual to anyone else? Does anyone have any advice on next steps? I called the IRCC contact number and they told me to just be patient, but I’m worried I’ll just keep waiting when there was something I actually needed to do/could have done to move this along.

Thank you!
Yep! I want to confirm that this is normal. In my case, I got AIP and SA in Jan 2024 (biometrics, medical and eligibility were all done at this point) but my background check was marked completed in June 2024. Right now, Applicants from February is getting their final decision and P1. You might hear any updates next month or so.