+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Wages on Job advertisement LMIA

Engineer43

May 9, 2019
Hi,

I have a query regarding my LMIA application. My employer is applying for LMIA second time. first time the application was rejected due to job not advertised as per requirement I.e. the job was not on job bank etc.

Now second time the job is advertised on job bank and other sites as per requirement however on one advertisement the salary in job discription is mentioned as negotiable, the rest websites give proper range. also the location mention the city name where the office is based I.e. not the address near to street name and postcode.

Please note my employer is based at small town in Ontario and is struggling to get Canadian citizen or permanent residence for past 2 years.

By not mentioning wage in one add and detail addresses on all add will that be an issue?

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
This doesn't sound like a big deal. Saying a salary is negotiable or providing a range doesn't make a job ad invalid. As long as the rest of the description is correct, and they get some resumes from people interested, it should be ok.

And the address won't make a difference either.

Reactions: Engineer43

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi,

I have a query regarding my LMIA application. My employer is applying for LMIA second time. first time the application was rejected due to job not advertised as per requirement I.e. the job was not on job bank etc.

Now second time the job is advertised on job bank and other sites as per requirement however on one advertisement the salary in job discription is mentioned as negotiable, the rest websites give proper range. also the location mention the city name where the office is based I.e. not the address near to street name and postcode.

Please note my employer is based at small town in Ontario and is struggling to get Canadian citizen or permanent residence for past 2 years.

By not mentioning wage in one add and detail addresses on all add will that be an issue?
Listing a wage is one of the requirements of the LMIA recruitment process. IMO saying that salary is negotiable could be a problem.

Engineer43

May 9, 2019
Listing a wage is one of the requirements of the LMIA recruitment process. IMO saying that salary is negotiable could be a problem.
Thanks scylla,

So the situation is that the jobs is advertised at 5 websites each has different audience this includes Job advertised on Job bank too.

The Salary range is advertised on 3 websites, however the websites which is for job specific audience where salary vary based on experience my employer has mentioned negotiable.

Do you reckon that will be an issue? Please note on the same website the other employers have not mentioned the salary too.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thanks scylla,

So the situation is that the jobs is advertised at 5 websites each has different audience this includes Job advertised on Job bank too.

The Salary range is advertised on 3 websites, however the websites which is for job specific audience where salary vary based on experience my employer has mentioned negotiable.

Do you reckon that will be an issue? Please note on the same website the other employers have not mentioned the salary too.
You need to have three job postings that fully meet the LMIA advertising requirements. If the 3 out of the 5 meet all of the LMIA advertising requirements, then the fact that the last two don't list a wage won't be an issue.

Other employers aren't applying for an LMIA so their job postings are irrelevant.

Reactions: Engineer43