+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Vulnerable open work Permit processing time

SourDiesel

Feb 21, 2024
Has anybody's application been approved recently, how long did the process take?

I applied last month, Jan 26, and silence after the WP-EXT letter I received a couple days after. The website suggests 5 days which I took with a grain of salt and was expecting a result in a couple weeks, but been a month and nothing.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Has anybody's application been approved recently, how long did the process take?

I applied last month, Jan 26, and silence after the WP-EXT letter I received a couple days after. The website suggests 5 days which I took with a grain of salt and was expecting a result in a couple weeks, but been a month and nothing.
There has been a significant number of applications sadly both true and many false applications. Sadly the fact that this is an “easy” way to secure an OWP has spread though some communities and the volume of applications increase dramatically. Processing seems to be taking much longer I assume because there now needs to be more scrutiny because too many people were abusing the system. Those truly being abused will be required to wait longer in the attempt to try and catch those who are filing false claims. It also can take a long time and a lot of effort to investigate real cases of abuse so that employers face consequences of their actions.

Reactions: SourDiesel

SourDiesel

Feb 21, 2024
It’s been over 65 days with no updates from IRCC, this type of visa is processed on an ‘Urgent basis’ lol. We can’t apply for EI even after paying EI premiums and taxes for years because we are on a closed work permit, how does the government expect us to survive without work and EI for this long. I have had to reject 6 figure job offers because I am not getting a response on my application. We were first abused by the employer then the ircc is taking forever to respond. This is getting very frustrating. I am planning to wait a couple more weeks then I am leaving for good. Given the economic situation and CRS cut offs I don’t want to waste any more time waiting for ircc to do their job. The government is losing grip on everything left and right.

dwijesh

Feb 29, 2024
It’s been over 65 days with no updates from IRCC, this type of visa is processed on an ‘Urgent basis’ lol. We can’t apply for EI even after paying EI premiums and taxes for years because we are on a closed work permit, how does the government expect us to survive without work and EI for this long. I have had to reject 6 figure job offers because I am not getting a response on my application. We were first abused by the employer then the ircc is taking forever to respond. This is getting very frustrating. I am planning to wait a couple more weeks then I am leaving for good. Given the economic situation and CRS cut offs I don’t want to waste any more time waiting for ircc to do their job. The government is losing grip on everything left and right.
FYI you can apply for EI plz contact service Canada...

SourDiesel

Feb 21, 2024
I quit the job due to abuse, on my Roe the employer says that I quit, which is the half truth. No employer will say on the roe that the employee quit due to abuse.
Because of the ‘quit code’ service Canada denied my application. I have applied for EI back in 2021 due to medical reasons and was on ei for about 8 weeks, I am aware of the process for EI.

mani19783

Aug 11, 2023
They would have given you a date on the form that you will get response on or before that that date and i think that date would be in june or july somewhere so until that date comes dnt even think they will see your file. Ircc officer sees your file 5 days before that date comes. 1st or 2nd july in your case i think.

mani19783

Aug 11, 2023
For EI service canada inspectors are so selfish they will find every way so that they dnt have to pay you. I was fired by my employer because i asked him to pay hourly and the EI inspector told that i was fired because of my misconduct so i cant get EI.

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
For EI service canada inspectors are so selfish they will find every way so that they dnt have to pay you. I was fired by my employer because i asked him to pay hourly and the EI inspector told that i was fired because of my misconduct so i cant get EI.
Then appeal the decision

SourDiesel

Feb 21, 2024
Then appeal the decision
Already tried. The original service Canada decision will hold until IRCC processes my app and deems the evidence true. Since the burden of proof for abuse is on me. The day IRCC processes the application I won’t need EI. This system is as flawed as Carbon tax .

SourDiesel

Feb 21, 2024
They would have given you a date on the form that you will get response on or before that that date and i think that date would be in june or july somewhere so until that date comes dnt even think they will see your file. Ircc officer sees your file 5 days before that date comes. 1st or 2nd july in your case i think.
Thank you for your response and this handy piece of information.
I have started the process of exporting my 2 cats back home. Once their paperwork is complete I am leaving Canada. Canada right now is a drowning ship and I have no intention of going down with it when I can escape.
I have Canadian education, experience and near perfect language proficiency scores. When things get better in a few years, I can always come back or not. I am in my mid 20s and I think it’s time to work and travel arround the globe. My time, qualifications, skills and experiences I gained in Canada will open doors for me worldwide. Maybe for me Canada was meant only to be a stepping stone to get to an even better place.

cxd

May 22, 2021
In Mỹ case the letter says I am eligible to work under same employer since October, so it means I am getting result in October?

cxd

May 22, 2021
In my case they says thank u for application. U r eligible to work under same employer till October, so it means I m getting result in October?

dwijesh

Feb 29, 2024

Hello hope you're doing well... any update regarding your application... I applied for mine on 21st Feb .. nothing yet..