+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

VJO and Job changing

EricVisitor

Jun 12, 2024
Hello everyone, I have been troubled by a problem recently, and it’s almost killing me. I am currently working at a company in Montreal in a T4 category job. By December this year, I will have completed one year, and I will be eligible to participate in Arrima. My employer likes me a lot and is willing to apply for a Valid Job Offer (VJO) for me. However, my employer now wants to offer me a new position to manage a new project in the company, and this job falls under the T1 category in the NOC classification. She plans for me to start the new job in February next year and has already begun the relevant procedures. Does this mean that if I enter Arrima with my current T4 job in December to apply for a CSQ, my VJO will become invalid once my job changes to a T1 category next year? I checked my score, and without a VJO, I would not be able to obtain a CSQ through Arrima.

So, my questions are:

1. Will an already applied VJO become invalid if I change my job to a managerial position (with the same employer)?
  2. If I accept the T1 job and my employer applies for a new VJO for me, will all my experience and related materials from my T4 job become invalid due to the change in job type, meaning I would have to wait another year to be eligible to apply for a CSQ?
I really want the new job because the salary will be much higher than now, but I am afraid it will affect my CSQ application.

Thank you in advance for your help.