+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitors Visa for my mom

Tracy Steyn

Jun 19, 2024
Hi there, I would like to bring my mom out for a 6 week visit to meet her new great grandson. She lives in South Africa and she spoke to a travel agent there today who told her a visitors visa would take 3-6 months. We wanted her to come in August because she is visiting my sister straight afterwards in Australia. I was wondering if I would be able to apply on her behalf in Canada and if so, would it would be quicker if I could do it from our end? We don't require a super visa, just a regular visa. She has been here 3 times before and all three times it was easy to get a visa, we never had any of these hassles.

missingmymom

Star Member
Jul 26, 2016
Hi there, I would like to bring my mom out for a 6 week visit to meet her new great grandson. She lives in South Africa and she spoke to a travel agent there today who told her a visitors visa would take 3-6 months. We wanted her to come in August because she is visiting my sister straight afterwards in Australia. I was wondering if I would be able to apply on her behalf in Canada and if so, would it would be quicker if I could do it from our end? We don't require a super visa, just a regular visa. She has been here 3 times before and all three times it was easy to get a visa, we never had any of these hassles.
You can submit an application for your mother through the IRCC portal, but please be aware that the application will be handled by the Pretoria, South Africa visa office. It's important to know that the current processing time is approximately 335 days. Wishing you and your family all the best. Take care!

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
TRV processing times could be short or quite long depending if her TRV is assessed by AI. Her previous visits may help her processing time. All a you can do is try. She has not logger option but to go through SA office.