+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

visitors visa denied

sush125

Jul 5, 2015
I have applied for visitor visa to visit my brother (cousin) staying in Canada for 2 months as a vacation and it was rejected due to following reason

You have not satisfied me that you would leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident. In reaching this decision, I considered several factors, including:

1. Your travel history

2. Your family ties in Canada and in your country of residence

3. Your personal assets and financial status

4. I am not satisfied that you have sufficient funds, including income or assets, to carry out your stated purpose in going to Canada or to maintain yourself while in Canada and to effect your departure.

I want to apply again I want your help if any other additional documents might be required that i have not included please let me know.

The following are the documents that i have submitted.
Bank statement with 10,000 cad fund , employment letter and leave sanction letter (to be specific I am a government job holder) ,included property details which are registered on my name , brothers invitation letter along with his financial details , my income tax returns for past two years.

I also have a bond with my employer for 5 years (i have not sent this for visa application)
I am also post graduate and i am not married.

Kindly let me know what other forms i need to include in my next application.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi,

I'll try to help you.... could you please let us know:
1. Did you have any large deposits in your bank account shortly before you applied?

2. For how long did you intend to visit? Did you draw up an Itinerary of places you'd like to visit, etc?

3. Have you traveled abroad earlier?

4. What documents did you provide to prove your property ownership and valuation? Mortgage? Do you reside in this property?

5. Did you submit your payslips?

6. Do you live with other immediate family in your home country?

7. Do you have other financial assets like bank term deposits, investments in shares, mutual funds, pension funds, etc?

Cheers

sush125

Jul 5, 2015
Yes i have large deposit a week before.i am visiting for 2 months.i have submitted auditor report about my property and i am residing in that property.my parents and my own brother are residing along with me.yes i have pension funds.i have submitted pay slip of 1 month.i have not travelled anywhere before.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Yes i have large deposit a week before.
This is possibly the key reason for the refusal.

For any large deposits, you must provide evidence that the money was rightfully earned by you (for example, property sale/salary bonus/transfer from another bank account owned by you/by liquidating some other financial investments, etc).

The visa officer probably believes that you have borrowed the money only for the visa application.... hence, TRV Refusal Reasons 3 and 4.

i have submitted auditor report about my property and i am residing in that property.
You must provide a copy of the Sale Deed/Sale Agreement (translated into English, if required) + Property Tax receipts + provide evidence for the CA valuation with market realty reports for current market indicative rates + other proofs to show that you reside at this property

If you don't have a mortgage/close to paying off the mortgage then mention this as it will show your financial situation is strong.

my parents and my own brother are residing along with me.
You can provide an Explanation XX: My Strong Ties to My Home Country (in this list separate sections for Property Ties + Employment + Financial + Family Ties, etc)

If your parents are dependent on you financially/for their well being then do provide evidence for this

i have submitted pay slip of 1 month.
You must provide 3-6 months of payslips along with the letter approving your time off from work.... which should also state that you will have your job when you return

Other suggestions:
1. You must be able to show liquid funds/funds that can be easily liquidated - of your own - of approx. CAD 1000 per week of visit + airfare (this amount is just a guide)
You may/may not be able to access your pension funds (depending on the country where you reside)

2. A vacation of 2 months from work may indicate that your employment ties are not strong.... ideally, 2-3 weeks is best
Did you take up this employment recently?

3. Do draw up a day-by-day Itinerary of places you would like to visit/relatives-friends you will meet/activities, etc + back this up with proofs that you have the finances for this visit

4. You must submit evidence of the Employment Bond (especially if it has a financial liability clause)

5. If you have credit cards with low dues then do submit the last 2-3 months of credit card statements stating your credit limits.... this will also help to show a good financial situation

6. Any other financial investments?

7. Any other ties to your home country? Other compelling reasons to return?

Hope this helps :)

sush125

Jul 5, 2015
i am a govt servant with permanent job ( taking leave for 2 months doesn't mean that i don't have strong employee ties ) and i am also gazetted officer .I joined in 2010 not recently.
Thank you will provide the documents as told by you in my other application.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi,

Some Indian government departments/organizations may permit taking long leave or even sabbaticals from work.

If you intend to visit Canada for 2 months.... this to a Canadian visa officer, would mean that your employment ties are not strong.... because someone else can handle your work in your absence.

Also, you do not have any previous travel history.... which could show that you are likely to return to India after a vacation.

It's advisable to plan a visit for 2-3 weeks.... and state this in your TRV application + time-off work letter from your employer.

All the best :)