Category........
WP
Visa Office......
Abidjan
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Dear Member,

I have two situation for a visitor visa and I need your opinion. Two of my colleagues who wants to apply for visiting visa. The first lady register for a Leadership Conference from June 11 - 13, 2023 and need a visitor visa. Will she be eligible for the visa? Another colleague of mine have her family residing in Canada. Her Mom, Dad and siblings, will she also be eligible for a visitor visa. Please help me.

Islander216

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2019
Unfortunately, many people get refused visitor visas to attend conferences. It's a good reason to apply and doesn't mean she won't get it, but it's not a guarantee she'll get it. She will need to establish strong ties to her home country and convince an immigration officer that she will return.

Your other colleague will also have to establish very strong ties to her home country, because she fits the profile of someone who would be at risk of overstaying her visa because she has many family members in Canada. She can apply but she needs to build a strong dossier to submit with your application.

Reactions: Naturgrl

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Dear Member,

I have two situation for a visitor visa and I need your opinion. Two of my colleagues who wants to apply for visiting visa. The first lady register for a Leadership Conference from June 11 - 13, 2023 and need a visitor visa. Will she be eligible for the visa? Another colleague of mine have her family residing in Canada. Her Mom, Dad and siblings, will she also be eligible for a visitor visa. Please help me.
For both, the people need to show funds to support travel (bank accounts), travel history, and ties to home country (job letter with approved leave, properties, spouse/children, business etc.). Being eligible doesn’t mean being approved. A two day leadership conference is not a strong reason unless she is a presenter or it is an international conference.

sendtomaddy

Star Member
Aug 4, 2022
Unfortunately, many people get refused visitor visas to attend conferences. It's a good reason to apply and doesn't mean she won't get it, but it's not a guarantee she'll get it. She will need to establish strong ties to her home country and convince an immigration officer that she will return.

Your other colleague will also have to establish very strong ties to her home country, because she fits the profile of someone who would be at risk of overstaying her visa because she has many family members in Canada. She can apply but she needs to build a strong dossier to submit with your application.
I applied for Visitor Visa to attend conference, so called Business Visitor Visa, and I got it immediately hassle-free, in fact Visa to attend conference processed much easier than Visa for tourism

Islander216

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2019
I'm glad that was the case, but I also know of even key note speakers for conferences who have been refused visas. There are even articles written about it.

So I'm glad your personal experience was positive but just want to reiterate that you have to submit a strong application in order to be granted a visa.

The PM has spoke informally about wanting to ease visa requirements but you have to go into it trying to submit as strong an application as possible.

Last edited:

sendtomaddy

Star Member
Aug 4, 2022
I'm glad that was the case, but I also know of even key note speakers for conferences who have been refused visas. There are even articles written about it.

So I'm glad your personal experience was positive but just was to reiterate that you have to submit a strong application in order to be granted a visa.

The PM has spoke informally about wanting to ease visa requirements but you have to go into it trying to submit as strong an application as possible.
You need to attach all relevant documents of Conference, your invitation, sponsor letter if its sponsored conference, travel history, Ties with india, bank statements and LOE

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I applied for Visitor Visa to attend conference, so called Business Visitor Visa, and I got it immediately hassle-free, in fact Visa to attend conference processed much easier than Visa for tourism
Really depends on your history. If you have proof that you regularly attend other conferences, are a presenter, the conference is relevant to the field of work and makes sense based on your work and education history, etc. then it is easier to get approval. It can still be difficult to get approval from some countries unfortunately. Many apply to attend a conference thinking that approval will be much easier than applying to visit for tourism. In some of these cases people have never travelled internationally, are not presenting at the conference, their employer or the conference is not paying all their expenses, they have not attended similar conferences, can not show why they need to attend the conference in Canada versus similar conference in closer locations, do not have good amount of personal savings or ties to their home country, etc. Just like all immigration applications, it depends on the specifics of the application.

zamsel

Jan 5, 2024
Hello everyone,
My husband is a citizen of Afghanistan, and wishes to visit Canada to meet his brother and family for his nieces birthday. He hasn’t met them in 5 years. His study visa is expired in India and at the moment he has applied for visa conversion to spouse visa in India so it’s in the applied status. Also kindly note that I have currently applied for my study visa to Canada. My husband will return to India and live with my parents to take the lead in the family business. I will be returning to India after studies as well.

so the question is, will we be granted a visa based on this scenario and also that my husband is only in an “applied” status here?

Aish2601

Jan 29, 2020
Hi,
I am trying to get my mom and uncle a visitor visa to visit me and my sister in Canada. I have enquired in a few places and I don't have a definite answer on the requirement of asset in India.
My questions are:
1. Do they each need to own property in India?
2. If my mom receives a gift for the amount of money she needs to show as proof of fund is that ok ?
3. We have already booked return tickets, will that be enough to prove that they are going back and they don't need to show that they own property back in India ?
I appreciate anyone taking time to answer my questions.
Thank you

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi,
I am trying to get my mom and uncle a visitor visa to visit me and my sister in Canada. I have enquired in a few places and I don't have a definite answer on the requirement of asset in India.
My questions are:
1. Do they each need to own property in India?
2. If my mom receives a gift for the amount of money she needs to show as proof of fund is that ok ?
3. We have already booked return tickets, will that be enough to prove that they are going back and they don't need to show that they own property back in India ?
I appreciate anyone taking time to answer my questions.
Thank you
1. No but they each need to show ties to return (job letter with approved leave, investments, businesses etc). Property that is income property can help.
2. Who is the gift from? She needs to show where the money came from. If from children that can raise red flags.
3. IRCC says not to book tickets. It is not proof of going back. See point 1.

They each apply separately and show their own funds, ties to return, travel history and valid reasons to travel. Their visit should be a length of time to support their own visits (cash in the bank).

Aish2601

Jan 29, 2020
Hi. Thank you for your response.
They are both in their 70s and can't really show a job letter or business proof.
Also the money would be a gift from my uncle to my mom both of whom will be travelling

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi. Thank you for your response.
They are both in their 70s and can't really show a job letter or business proof.
Also the money would be a gift from my uncle to my mom both of whom will be travelling
So a notarized gift deed from your uncle? Mom still needs to show own bank accounts. Cannot dump money in her account as it will raise red flags. They apply separately and are not tied to each other.

Reactions: canuck78