+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

visitor visa

puggz

Jan 4, 2015
Im already in canada and im going to be applying for a visitor visa.. if this application is refused how long do I have to leave the country?

kriv

Aug 14, 2014
puggz said:
Im already in canada and im going to be applying for a visitor visa.. if this application is refused how long do I have to leave the country?
What is your current status in Canada? This will help answering your question in a better way.
Generally you cannot apply for a trv (visitor visa) if you are already in Canada on a visit visa. So your application will be returned back or cancelled as you cannot apply.
A trv or a visitor visa application is only made if you are outside of Canada which allow you to travel towards Canada and enter as a visitor. In some cases trv is applied within Canada but it is also for the purpose to authorize your return back to Canada NOT to extend your stay in Canada.

So giving more information about yourself will help you get a better advice.

Hope it helps

puggz

Jan 4, 2015
Ok sorry should have been more clear.. im on a IEC working visa and I cannot apply for a new one until it opens and my current visa will be expired soon so I was told to apply for a visitor visa for a period of up to 6mths and during the meantime when the IEC opens I can apply for that.. so ive been told I have implied status if my IEC expires and im waiting for a response on my trv but im wondering if its refused and my IEC is expired how long do I have to leave canda

Jalex23

VIP Member
Apr 12, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-09-2013
Doc's Request.
09-04-2014
AOR Received.
06-11-2013
Med's Request
05-04-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
Passport Req..
07-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
06-09-2014
puggz said:
Ok sorry should have been more clear.. im on a IEC working visa and I cannot apply for a new one until it opens and my current visa will be expired soon so I was told to apply for a visitor visa for a period of up to 6mths and during the meantime when the IEC opens I can apply for that.. so ive been told I have implied status if my IEC expires and im waiting for a response on my trv but im wondering if its refused and my IEC is expired how long do I have to leave canda
You need to apply for a visitor status not for a TRV.

Look into "Extend my stay as a visitor".