+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa to OWP

Tomisra

Jun 7, 2023
I have got my visitor visa in June . I applied for visitor visa with the invitation letter of my sister who has PR in March. When I applied for visitor visa, my spouse was with me. She was not sure of attending the University as we just got relocated in another country in January. But, afterwards, she decided to pursue her degree and got her study permit in May and now she is in Canada. If I go to Canada in September, can I apply for OWP inland? Will it cause any trouble in my inland OWP application as I have got the visitor visa with the invitation letter of my sister?

BA101

Champion Member
Nov 29, 2021
I have got my visitor visa in June . I applied for visitor visa with the invitation letter of my sister who has PR in March. When I applied for visitor visa, my spouse was with me. She was not sure of attending the University as we just got relocated in another country in January. But, afterwards, she decided to pursue her degree and got her study permit in May and now she is in Canada. If I go to Canada in September, can I apply for OWP inland? Will it cause any trouble in my inland OWP application as I have got the visitor visa with the invitation letter of my sister?
You can apply OWP
Be sure to show your own funds, justify purpose of visit and home ties

Good Luck

Tomisra

Jun 7, 2023
Thank you so much. Do I need to show my own funds? Can't I show my spouse's fund? Should I apply for owp after or before landing to Canada (Inland or Outland)? I will be travelling to Canada in September. Should I need to apply after that? Which one will be better? Kindly suggest me regarding this.