+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa - Submitting application online within Canada on someone else's behalf

justin.lang

Aug 7, 2023
Hello,
I live in Ontario and would like to submit a visitor visa application online for a relative who lives outside Canada. I am not a paid representative.

Options are:
1. I use my IRCC account and submit the application online.
2. I use their IRCC account and submit the application online.

Please let me know which option is acceptable. Also, is there a negative impact on the application if submitted online from within Canada?

Thanks,
Justin

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello,
I live in Ontario and would like to submit a visitor visa application online for a relative who lives outside Canada. I am not a paid representative.

Options are:
1. I use my IRCC account and submit the application online.
2. I use their IRCC account and submit the application online.

Please let me know which option is acceptable. Also, is there a negative impact on the application if submitted online from within Canada?

Thanks,
Justin
It is still processed from the relative’s country of residence, you are the respresentative. The relative uses their own account and your relative signs the form that you are the representative. No impact because relative still shows own funds, ties to home country, travel history and valid reasons to travel.

justin.lang

Aug 7, 2023
It is still processed from the relative’s country of residence, you are the respresentative. The relative uses their own account and your relative signs the form that you are the representative. No impact because relative still shows own funds, ties to home country, travel history and valid reasons to travel.
Thanks for the response.
Are you suggesting option #2 from above? If my relative sends me all the scanned copies of document with their signature (including the representative form), I can create an account with their name and send it online. Is this alright or do you see any issue?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thanks for the response.
Are you suggesting option #2 from above? If my relative sends me all the scanned copies of document with their signature (including the representative form), I can create an account with their name and send it online. Is this alright or do you see any issue?
You can be their representative like a paid one or consultant. Just have relative fill out and sign the from appointing you as the representative. Relative still has own account and it is processed from their home country.

Reactions: justin.lang