+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa rejection with Canadian wife

Forn

Jul 12, 2024
I'm Canadian and my husband is Mexican. We live together full-time in Mexico. We wanted to go visit my parents, sister and friends in Canada for 2 weeks. My husband's visa application was just rejected with the generic reasons of "significant family ties in Canada" and "visit not consistent with a temporary stay." It's ridiculous, because if we actually wanted to move to Canada I could easily sponsor him for residency as his spouse. But we DO NOT want to move to Canada.

We thought he included enough proof that we'd be returning to Mexico. Return flights back to Mexico, proof of his job in Mexico, proof that I live in Mexico with him, our 1-year lease for our apartment in Mexico that we just renewed, my residency in Mexico which I just renewed for another year, proof of things we would be doing in Mexico (and already paid for) soon after we returned, etc.

It feels like they just automatically noped him for having a Canadian spouse without actually using logic.

I don't want him to never be able to come with me to visit my parents, they're older and they find it hard to come to Mexico. But we don't want to have to apply for residency for him and then be forced to move to Canada and live there.

Any advice? Is there any point in asking for reconsideration? Should we give up and go for residency instead and then just not live in Canada?

The trip is booked for September, so I don't know if that's even enough time for reconsideration or getting GMSC notes etc.