+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa rejected

gigar

May 11, 2024
I am 30 years old single person, applied for visitor visa for 2 months to visit my uncle during the holidays. Unfortunate my application was rejected with the following 2 reasons.
1: The purpose of your visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the details you have provided in your application.
2: You don't have significant family ties outside Canada.

Can someone explain to me what they mean ?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Order GCMS notes. A 2 month visit is way too long. You are single so have no family ties to return to. What did you show for ties to return?

gigar

May 11, 2024
Thanks for your reply. I included. My father and mother in the application. They don't consider them as family ties ? How long does it take to get the GCMS notes. Is there a fee for this ? I thought they give visa up to 6 months.

foodie69

VIP Member
Dec 18, 2015
Thanks for your reply. I included. My father and mother in the application. They don't consider them as family ties ? How long does it take to get the GCMS notes. Is there a fee for this ? I thought they give visa up to 6 months.
Young single men are the largest group of asylum seekers. There's no chance you get 6 months in Canada. 10 days are sufficient. You need to show your own money, $10'000, and a very very good reason why you will leave Canada after your visit

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Parents are not family ties as you are not a dependant nor under 22. If approved, when you enter Canada then officers will decide how long you can stay up to 6 months. You showed a 2 month visit which really shows no ties to return. 2 week visit at most. So what are your ties to return because it is not family ties.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Young single men are the largest group of asylum seekers. There's no chance you get 6 months in Canada. 10 days are sufficient. You need to show your own money, $10'000, and a very very good reason why you will leave Canada after your visit
Also a large group landing trying to get a WP which is also a concern. Very odd for a 30 year old to be able to take off 2 months when employed and especially to visit their uncle.