+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor visa rejected

vikas189

Jul 29, 2014
Hello all,

I am on work visa in US and applied for visitor visa to Canada and added my wife in family member list as she is dependent on me. I provided all documents as per checklist. Today I got rejection for my wife's application that they are not convinced that she would return back to US and she do not have legal status in US. Also they mentioned about insufficient funds too. Well I can assure funds were more than sufficient but they were added with my form as I am principal applicant. There wasn't any item listed in checklist about documentation for stay in US and as we upload only one file in every section we didn't provide that but mentioned everything in letter of explanation. They never requested any extra documentation and before reviewing my application they rejected my wife's application. This sounds a little stupid because they should review my application first as I am the principal applicant. I have been in US for 7 years and provided all the documentation they requested. Is there a way to challenge their decision? Application was refused without any request for additional documents. Also my travel plans were not for more than a week.

-Vikas

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Apply again. This time include the documents that prove your wife has valid status in the US.

vikas189

Jul 29, 2014
That is something I can do but why the documents were not requested in first place, and there is no place to upload the document. I can upload only one file per document request. And there was no communication for the missing documents. I did specify about my status and there wasn't any request to upload this document. Checklist that I received was based on basic information like legal status, citizenship and country of residence. So if something is missing it should have be requested, but instead after 45 days I got first communication that was also when I started inquiring about the status, on the very same day.

Is there a way to reopen the case? $100 are being wasted for nothing.

bonitaellada

Jul 6, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Vikas 189
What kind of Visa do you have in the US?
What kind of Visa does your wife have in the US?
If it is a work visa it should be a stamp on your passport
Next time you apply, make sure you submit a scanned copy of your stamp and your wife's stamp
Also include the form of work visa that you show whenever you enter the US. That's why I asked what kind of visa do you have. If you have like H, L visas you should have the approved form.
NB: you can scan as many pages as you want in a file and then upload