+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

visitor visa refused with Inland spouseship application in process

xiques

Jun 8, 2010
:(
hi folks
send my inland spouseship application to Vegreville sep 2010 and they start to process it since Dec 2010. i have my status chenged from
worker to visitor since sep 2010, my frist visitor visa was from nov 2010 to feb 2011 then i apply to extend my visitor visa by ONLINE SERVICES provide by CIC,then i just recive a refuse letter today,as it state reson of refusal
1.Reson of original entry and reson for requested extension
2. Ties to contry of permanent residence,including:
-employment and study cooitments;
-family ties and responsibilities;
-status(citizenship or immigration status);
3.Financail means for the extender stay and return home
4. travel and identity documents
5. probability to leave Canada at end of authorized stay

and i do not know what your guys think but for me none of those reson make sence.

so i guss my question are : how should i respond this
and do i really need a visitor visa

thanks for your time

angelbrat

Oct 31, 2009
Unusual for an extension to be denied whilst an Inland spousal application is in progress. Does your application throw up any red flags?

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
Did you send in the needed attachments for the extension request? Did you also send copy of the receipt for the spousal sponsorship? What reason did you put on the request for extension? Sorry, more questions than answer.

xiques

Jun 8, 2010
job_seeker said:
Did you send in the needed attachments for the extension request? Did you also send copy of the receipt for the spousal sponsorship? What reason did you put on the request for extension? Sorry, more questions than answer.
no worry, iam glad you guys been so helpful
i did it by using CIC online service right, so thay do not have that option to but addtional document in.
and i do not think i send my receipt for spousal sponsorship, as that is same office so i suppose that should know!
the last, reson i put on is
Since i send my Inland PR to Vegrevulle, i have not heard anything from them yet so i need more time to wait.

thx

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
You are still within the 90-day period to file for a restoration of status and extension at the same time. Do it by mail this time and add all the documents specified for on the document checklist. Even if the application for spousal sponsorship is sent to the same office if the system has not been updated, the officer processing your request for extension will not know you have an on going sponsorship in process. You have to "help" the officer processing your application- state the reason for your extension is waiting for the result of the sponsorship application; attach a copy of the receipt; attach the bio/marked pages of your passport; a copy of your WP and/or VR to show your current status in Canada and of course the restoration fee.

xiques said:
no worry, iam glad you guys been so helpful
i did it by using CIC online service right, so thay do not have that option to but addtional document in.
and i do not think i send my receipt for spousal sponsorship, as that is same office so i suppose that should know!
the last, reson i put on is
Since i send my Inland PR to Vegrevulle, i have not heard anything from them yet so i need more time to wait.

thx

xiques

Jun 8, 2010
just checked the cic website ,it say i can apply again,there is the copy of the CICwebpage

Frequently asked questions:
Visiting Canada
How do I get help if my application is refused?
There is no formal appeal process if your application for a Temporary Resident Visa is refused.

You can apply again. Make sure that you provide any information or documents that were missing from your first application. If you do not send new information or if your situation has not changed, the new application will probably not be accepted.

Canada has privacy laws that prevent Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) from discussing your application with someone else, unless you give written permission. If you want a representative or an agent to help you with an application, you must notify CIC in writing. For more information about using a representative, see the Related Links section at the bottom of this page.
If I disagree with the refusal decision on an application, what can I do?

If you believe that you have new information that was not previously considered or if you believe that circumstances have changed since the refusal, you may wish to submit a new application. This new application will normally be assessed by a different visa officer and all current information will be taken into consideration. If, however, there is no change in your situation, or no change in the purpose of your visit, it is unlikely that a new application will result in the issuance of a visa. The normal processing fees apply to all new applications.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You can apply again but since your status is expired, you must apply to restore now and not to extend.

xiques

Jun 8, 2010
Leon said:
You can apply again but since your status is expired, you must apply to restore now and not to extend.
yes make since, so i have to pay 200+75,and attach a letter to explain,what was happend?

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
Yes and include a copy of the refusal letter and a copy of the receipt for your sponsorship. Also do not leave any blanks. Answer NA (not applicable) if a question does not apply to you. Don't think that because you have submitted an application for spousal sponsorship, the officer processing your application to extend won't be able to guess that that is your reason. You have to be explicit. Also, if you can answer point by point the reasons the officer refused your extension application.

xiques said:
yes make since, so i have to pay 200+75,and attach a letter to explain,what was happend?

xiques

Jun 8, 2010
you guys think is that going to be ok if i type that for the reason of restoration of temporary resident status as a visitor:
The reason why i lost my status is because my application for a visitor Record has been refused. And I believe there are some facts that have not been considerate by the Immigration Officer. When i did my last Visitor record Application I was using the CIC Online Service and i didn't found any option to upload additional document beside Copy of Passport and Proof of means of Financial Support(as there are the only require for is application on the CIC online services). And because the mailing address of Visitor Record application is absolute same with Inland spousal sponsorship Application(both going to Vegreville, AB) so i suppose the office who is going to handle my Visitor Record Application knows my Situation. So i didn't attach any document of proof of my Inland spousal sponsorship application,nor the copy of my Visitor Record.
Now i know i made a mistake by not provide enough information to the officer,and as result i lost my status(my Visitor Record expired on Feb 28 2011 and i send my Online application for Visitor Record extendsion on Feb 10 2011,then i recived refusal letter on April 4 2011).
so i will attach all the necessary document this time and wait for a fair decision.

mathews

May 19, 2015
Hi my wife spouse me in 2013 but when I see my status online said
1.applications receive on 2013 october 24
2.start processing your application on 2015 March 31
3.medical has been received
so for how long it take to the final decision anybody with any idea please help