+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

visitor visa refused please help!

Safiya dany

Oct 20, 2018
Good day sirs

I got arefusal letter today in my email for visitor visa refusal.
Here is the backgrounds of the visa.

-Purpose of visit is to see my pregnant daughter and my grand daughter.
-Duration of visit 20 days. Day to day activities and flight itenarary included .
-I don't have a travel history history .
-The whole application process and fingerprints took 25 days.

All that is good no objections from the Visa officer.
The letter of refusal is as followed :

Thank you for your interest in visiting Canada. After careful review of your temporary resident
visa application and supporting documentation, I have determined that your application does not
meet the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA) and Immigration
and Refugee Protection Regulations (IRPR). I am refusing your application on the following
grounds:
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary
resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your personal assets and
financial status.
You are welcome to reapply if you feel that you can respond to these concerns and can
demonstrate that your situation meets the requirements. All new applications must be
accompanied by a new processing fee .

Please note that I have attached the followed to support the financial status and assetsassets:
1-Mortgage agreement with the bankfir my residential home.
2-my bank statements for 3 months, maybe my mistake was the first month nothing except for equivalent of 500 USD.
Second month $3000 USD.
Third month $3000 USD.
3-invitation letter from my daughter in Canada stating she will support me and I'll stay with her. Statements from her last 3months .
4-Nothing for my husband as I'm divorced.
5-I own my business and I attached my business license. I work from home so no store rent or anything and I pay my workers cash .
Please note No tax required in the country for this type of business .
I have liquid cash in another accounts that I'm authorized to use under my daughters name it has 9000 USD as well as a mortgage under my daughters name under management.
What went wrong?
Please help as I'm planning to apply again in few more months.
this time my porous of visit would be the same but the baby would be born already.
Any help is very much appreciated .

Last edited:

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
What went wrong?
Unfortunately, IMO, almost everything was wrong with your previous application,

-Purpose of visit is to see my pregnant daughter and my grand daughter.
Visiting to take care of a pregnant daughter and/or a newborn is considered as working illegally.

-Duration of visit 20 days.
It's obvious you would not return to your home country after visit of just 20 days.

Day to day activities and flight itenarary included .
Did you include detailed expense estimates + prove you have the finances to pay for this entire visit including the airfare?

Please note that I have attached the followed to support the financial status and assetsassets:
1-Mortgage agreement with the bankfir my residential home.
Did you include a mortgage repayment statement?

2-my bank statements for 3 months, maybe my mistake was the first month nothing except for equivalent of 500 USD.
Second month $3000 USD.
Third month $3000 USD.
1. Were these amounts earned by you?

2. Have you paid taxes for the income earned by you? If yes, did you include your tax assessment?

3. Are these amounts of CAD 3,000 consistent with your earnings for the previous months?

3-invitation letter from my daughter in Canada stating she will support me and I'll stay with her. Statements from her last 3months .
Her financial documents are supplementary. You need to prove you have the financial resources + your financial situation is good enough to make you return to your home country.

5-I own my business and I attached my business license. I work from home so no store rent or anything and I pay my workers cash .
Please note No tax required in the country for this type of business .
None of these documents prove that your business is active + it does not prove you have a legit source of income = It is not a strong tie for you to return to your home country.

I have liquid cash in another accounts that I'm authorized to use under my daughters name it has 9000 USD
Basically, your financial situation is weak and it seems like the CAD 3,000 was transferred by your daughter.

as well as a mortgage under my daughters name under management.
It won't help because you are not paying the mortgage. Payments are probably made by direct debits from her bank account

Reactions: Safiya dany

Safiya dany

Oct 20, 2018
I
Unfortunately, IMO, almost everything was wrong with your previous application,

Visiting to take care of a pregnant daughter and/or a newborn is considered as working illegally.

It's obvious you would not return to your home country after visit of just 20 days.

Did you include detailed expense estimates + prove you have the finances to pay for this entire visit including the airfare?

Did you include a mortgage repayment statement?

1. Were these amounts earned by you?

2. Have you paid taxes for the income earned by you? If yes, did you include your tax assessment?

3. Are these amounts of CAD 3,000 consistent with your earnings for the previous months?

Her financial documents are supplementary. You need to prove you have the financial resources + your financial situation is good enough to make you return to your home country.

None of these documents prove that your business is active + it does not prove you have a legit source of income = It is not a strong tie for you to return to your home country.

Basically, your financial situation is weak and it seems like the CAD 3,000 was transferred by your daughter.

It won't help because you are not paying the mortgage. Payments are probably made by direct debits from her bank account
Thank you for the swift and detailed reply I appreciate it.
-I have stated clearly in my purpose of visit that I will just see my daughter and grandson and will not be taking care of them as I read some suggestions here before I apply and I think it worked, because in the refusal letter they never mentioned the purpose of visit but if you have suggestions please let me know .

-since I have no previous travel history I thought demanding too long visit wouldn't be good idea. So should I extend it then in the next application ?

-I didn't actually include the estimate expenses, but I can do so + the flight is also estimated because it is not firm price, and the final amount that was showed total of aprox $4800 CAD.
Is that the proper way to prove the expenses of the trip? Or it has another way?

-I didn't show a suppurate document for mortgage repayments, but the bank statements I included shows the amount that is taken out for the mortgage + the paperwork that shows the conditionconditions of the ownership of the home .but we can definitely provide another documents if you prefer,to make a better application .
By the way does the mortgage count as a tie to the home country or it's not good to show next time? Please advise .

-All the amounts are earned by me yes ,I don't have to pay taxes for that, because it's work from home ,so I'm exempted,
But I have the merchants copy receipts for the amountamounts Iget fro the clients which shows the date and name of the client and the date ,it's not printed by a computer ,just hand writing ,but it has my business stamp on it ,is that good enough to prove my business is active ?
The amounts are different depans on the seasons, but I have liquid cash of $8000 CAD, and I was thinking yo deposit it in the account along with the receipts to prove the amounts earned by me now .and then in the next 4-5 months I regularly deposit the amounts in my bank account. Is that a good idea?

-I have to mention that I hahave been in this business for more than 20 years and I can provide a letter from the authority that issued my business license the date when I first started, is that good to be a tie to return?

I will remove the mortgage of my daughter and focus on my finances this time .

Thanks in advance for reading all this

amir7370

Oct 29, 2018
First and formost , Travel History is the most important thing that affects officers Decision,So I recommend you before submitting another application,improve your Travel History By Traveling To Countries which Need A visa to enter For instance Schengen Area and its Countries included
Second,You need to represent your Financial
Dependence Deeds,pay slip, and your work situation,in some cases Vehicle's Deed and Lease Contract helps too.