+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

VISITOR VISA - Proof of financial resources of supporters and proof of means of financial support? Since my spouse quit her job after wedding, .

goudam

Star Member
Oct 25, 2017
Hello,
I am worker in Canada holding Open work permit and will extend again since its going to expire soon and I've got married lately in India. Therefore, I am planning to apply "Visitor visa" for spouse less than 6 months. However, I am the main financial supporter for her, it's still asking both the options "Proof of financial resources of supporters and proof of means of financial support". I can submit my own proof of financial statement, what to upload in the proof of means of financial support as my spouse quit her job and she doesn't have support in finance. ?? thanks

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Then ask your spouse not to quit her job while applying the visa.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello,
I am worker in Canada holding Open work permit and will extend again since its going to expire soon and I've got married lately in India. Therefore, I am planning to apply "Visitor visa" for spouse less than 6 months. However, I am the main financial supporter for her, it's still asking both the options "Proof of financial resources of supporters and proof of means of financial support". I can submit my own proof of financial statement, what to upload in the proof of means of financial support as my spouse quit her job and she doesn't have support in finance. ?? thanks
Given that you are working in Canada your spouse should be applying for an OWP. It will be pretty clear that she isn’t a temporary visitor. When does your OWP expire? That also may create problems.

goudam

Star Member
Oct 25, 2017
Given that you are working in Canada your spouse should be applying for an OWP. It will be pretty clear that she isn’t a temporary visitor. When does your OWP expire? That also may create problems.
My OWP expires by May 5th, I will apply extension by April.. Is it possible to apply OWP for spouse along with mine or Have to apply her after I get extension? Thanks

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
My OWP expires by May 5th, I will apply extension by April.. Is it possible to apply OWP for spouse along with mine or Have to apply her after I get extension? Thanks
You can apply at the same time. Without having your extension your spouse is unlikely to get approved. Assume you have a job in NIC 0, A or B.