+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa Passport Request Need both Old & New Passport

LAXGA

Feb 7, 2014
Hello Experts,

I need some clarification regarding whether to send Old and New Passport or just New Passport for Canada Visiting Visa stamping..

I have sent my New Passport and reached LA on Jan 30th 2014.. I'm bit concerned now, because my spouse application status was closed by Feb 8th and my application status is still open.. Just wondering any body experience same or any idea.

Thanks for your help and time..

Regards,
LaxGa

user828

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi ( Parents Sponsorship )
App. Filed.......
19-10-2017
AOR Received.
01-12-2017
If it's only for stamping ( after approved ) then new, but if it's for the app then old passport generally bolster the app which would probably have travel history

LAXGA

Feb 7, 2014
user828 said:
If it's only for stamping ( after approved ) then new, but if it's for the app then old passport generally bolster the app which would probably have travel history
I have submitted copy of Old Passport online with other documents..After initial verification CIC has asked me to submit my passport for stamping.. I have pasted the letter I have received from CIC below..

""
This is in reference to your application for temporary residence. A decision has been made on your application. We
require your passport to finalize processing your application.
Passport requirements
• Please provide your passport or travel document, with a copy of this letter.
• There must be at least one blank page in your passport.
• Your passport must be valid for the duration of your expected length of stay in Canada.
• Please note that we cannot issue a visa beyond the expiry date on the passport.
Your passport must be received by Citizenship and Immigration Canada within 30 days from the date of this letter. Failure
to do so could result in the refusal of your application. Please ensure that a copy of this letter is included with your
passport. ""

twiggy

Star Member
Jun 20, 2012
did you submit your old passport as proof of travel history or you submitted it as your current passport?

if the latter, submit your current passport with an explanation note

good luck !!!