+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor visa or Supervisa?

rakesh84

Apr 21, 2015
Hello everyone,

I would like to invite my mother to come over for a visit this year.

I am a Canadian Citizen and I meet income requirements for Supervisa.

She will retire in the next 3 years. I would like her to come for longer periods of time (6+ months) once she retires. But this year she would like her to come only for 3 weeks (because she is still working).

Which visa should I apply for? Supervisa? to save the hustle of applying for it in the future. Or TRV now and Supervisa once we really need it?

I think Supervisa. But I am just curious what others think. Will the officer consider suspicious a supervisa request just for a 3 week visit?

Thank you for your answers.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hello everyone,

I would like to invite my mother to come over for a visit this year.

I am a Canadian Citizen and I meet income requirements for Supervisa.

She will retire in the next 3 years. I would like her to come for longer periods of time (6+ months) once she retires. But this year she would like her to come only for 3 weeks (because she is still working).

Which visa should I apply for? Supervisa? to save the hustle of applying for it in the future. Or TRV now and Supervisa once we really need it?

I think Supervisa. But I am just curious what others think. Will the officer consider suspicious a supervisa request just for a 3 week visit?

Thank you for your answers.
Even if she applies for a super visa for just 3 weeks there's a pretty good chance she will be issued a regular TRV instead