+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor visa on medical grounds

ubharat

Apr 14, 2013
Hello All,

I made Canada my home 4 years ago as permanent resident of Canada with my wife and kids.

My younger sister, 30 yrs old, has a psychological condition which needs social/family support. She is not a danger to herself or others.
Is there a way I can sponsor her temporary visa application for 1-2 years so that she can get back to normal and becomes self-sufficient.

I would appreciate if you can answer:

1) Is there any way to apply under medical support grounds?
2) What are the documentation requirements?
3) Can a political reference/recommendation help?
3) What are the common hurdles in such process?

In past I had applied for her visitor visa which was refused because CIC thought that she does not have a strong reason to leave Canada.

Appreciate any help!

Many thanks.

dbss

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
ubharat said:
Hello All,

I made Canada my home 4 years ago as permanent resident of Canada with my wife and kids.

My younger sister, 30 yrs old, has a psychological condition which needs social/family support. She is not a danger to herself or others.
Is there a way I can sponsor her temporary visa application for 1-2 years so that she can get back to normal and becomes self-sufficient.

I would appreciate if you can answer:

1) Is there any way to apply under medical support grounds?
2) What are the documentation requirements?
3) Can a political reference/recommendation help?
3) What are the common hurdles in such process?

In past I had applied for her visitor visa which was refused because CIC thought that she does not have a strong reason to leave Canada.

Appreciate any help!

Many thanks.
No, you cannot apply for a visit visa under medical grounds.

Since your sister has already been rejected once, if you do end up applying under this category it will just validate the theory of VO more that your sister is not going to leave Canada at the end of her stay.

Another concern under medical grounds if it was possible was that she taps into the Canadian Health care system.

Apply for GCMS notes for your sister and then see the VO notes.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
1. She will need to apply for a regular visitor visa - just like she did before. Note that this visitor visa will only allow her to stay in Canada for six months - but she can certainly try to extend her visit once she arrives. As you know, to be approved for a visitor visa she will need to demonstrate that she has strong ties to her home country and has no plans on remaining in Canada long term. Since she was already refused once, she will need to ensure she provides very strong evidence to address the reasons why she was refused last time.
2. Same as for a regular visitor visa.
3. Unlikely
4. The person doesn't have strong enough ties to their home country and CIC believes they have plans to remain in Canada long term.