+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor visa funds

TODA

Jul 28, 2024
Hello,

I am applying for a visitor visa of Canada and would like to use my mothers bank account statement as she will be providing funds for my visit of 10 days though i am a working professional.
Do I need any other documents for this purpose or her bank statement showing 10,000 CAD should be enough?

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello,

I am applying for a visitor visa of Canada and would like to use my mothers bank account statement as she will be providing funds for my visit of 10 days though i am a working professional.
Do I need any other documents for this purpose or her bank statement showing 10,000 CAD should be enough?
Use your bank account unless your mom will be coming with you.

TODA

Jul 28, 2024
Thank you for your reply!

Basically, I am visiting my boyfriend and he will be taking care of my stay there. I do have some savings but not enough as per the requirements and hence wanted to use her bank statement just for the documentation and visa purpose. Hope it will not be a problem?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thank you for your reply!

Basically, I am visiting my boyfriend and he will be taking care of my stay there. I do have some savings but not enough as per the requirements and hence wanted to use her bank statement just for the documentation and visa purpose. Hope it will not be a problem?
How old are you? Mother’s accounts don’t need to be considered because she is not travelling with you. Her account of $10k is not a lot because she still has to support herself and maybe other children so giving all savings for you to visit Canada. You need to show funds and not have BF say he is taking care of expenses.

TODA

Jul 28, 2024
Firstly, I never mentioned she just have $10K (I was talking about the minimum requirement which I do not have fully to prove my funds) and I did mentioned that it is only for the documentation so you don't have to be concerned bout how my mom will support herself or how and why she is spending all her money on me or any of my sibling. That is none of your concern and you don't get to talk about it.

So please don't bother yourself with my above question as well as my boyfriend taking care of my stay and I don't feel I should explain you why is it so.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Firstly, I never mentioned she just have $10K (I was talking about the minimum requirement which I do not have fully to prove my funds) and I did mentioned that it is only for the documentation so you don't have to be concerned bout how my mom will support herself or how and why she is spending all her money on me or any of my sibling. That is none of your concern and you don't get to talk about it.

So please don't bother yourself with my above question as well as my boyfriend taking care of my stay and I don't feel I should explain you why is it so.
Wow. Good luck. Don’t come on a volunteer forum to ask for help if you don’t want suggestions. That is an issue with IRCC. If you cannot support your own visit with your own funds then IRCC will be concerned. Having a BF say that he is supporting your stay is a big red flag for IRCC that you will not leave. If an adult and mother not coming with you then no point in showing her funds. You show your own funds.

Last edited:
Reactions: lovedeepsingh

foodie69

VIP Member
Dec 18, 2015

Oh wow, you are shooting straight from the hip. In that case, we will refrain to offer help or a solution to your relative simple case. Just Google it, you seem a big girl.
I hope your boyfriend sees the light...

Reactions: Naturgrl