+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa for Sister & Nephew

TimTomTim

Jun 14, 2023
Hi guys,

I went through as many comments as possible but would like focussed feedback on my current scenario. My Sister, Nephew and my Brother-In-Law live in England (Indian citizens). My sister is a dependant on my BIL's work permit and is currently a stay-at-home mother. My nephew goes to school in the UK. My sister and nephew want to come see me (PR) in Canada.

I'm providing an invitation letter and all my financial documents which would meet the requirements for ensuring they're fully taken care of financially.
However from an application perspective, I want to include in my invitation letter that -
  • I take all responsibility for their expenses during their time in Canada (2-3 weeks)
    • I'm booking the tickets, they will live with me in my home and I will be fully responsible for all their financial needs during their time here in Canada
  • They will be here in Canada for a period of 3 weeks and will go back to England
    • How do I establish ties to showcase to the officer they will return to UK? Do I have to do this?
  • My sister is financially dependant on my BIL, so she doesn't really have any financial documents that she can provide as part of her application
    • Will this be an issue that can potentially cause a rejection?
  • What do I have to include in the documentation/invitation letter to ensure their visa application is granted?
Additional info:
  • Our parents have a Supervisa and they will be in Canada when my Sister and my nephew travel, so it's essentially a family reunion
    • Do I specify this? We haven't seen each other in 2 years

Any pointers appreciated, thanks!