+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa For Sibling

amukhokher

Jan 24, 2022
I have applied for visitor visa of my sister and her family . WE have invited them to attend our house warming function.
If Our travel plan dates and the House warming event date passes and we diddnt heard anything, what happens afterwards? I mean doe sthe visa officer grant visa even after the event dates are passed or they reject visa on this basis.

Any ideas and experience sharing is welcome!!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I have applied for visitor visa of my sister and her family . WE have invited them to attend our house warming function.
If Our travel plan dates and the House warming event date passes and we diddnt heard anything, what happens afterwards? I mean doe sthe visa officer grant visa even after the event dates are passed or they reject visa on this basis.

Any ideas are welcome!!
IRCC will process the application regardless whether the event dates have passed or not. So yes, the application could still be approved after the event dates have passed.

amukhokher

Jan 24, 2022
Thanks
IRCC will process the application regardless whether the event dates have passed or not. So yes, the application could still be approved after the event dates have passed.
thanks for the reply . Do you have any experience to share

amukhokher

Jan 24, 2022
I have another follow up question:
We have also attached visitor insurance and leave approval letters for a specific time period. Now as we are not hearing back anything, we need to cancel leaves as well as insurances, Will it effect our visa application? will they do any enquiry and check.
appreciate if any one can share personal experience

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I have another follow up question:
We have also attached visitor insurance and leave approval letters for a specific time period. Now as we are not hearing back anything, we need to cancel leaves as well as insurances, Will it effect our visa application? will they do any enquiry and check.
appreciate if any one can share personal experience
You can cancel. Where are they from? Did you apply before September 2021? It can take a while for a reply. Visiting to attend a house warming party is not really considered a good reason to visit so wouldn’t have influenced the application.

amukhokher

Jan 24, 2022
You can cancel. Where are they from? Did you apply before September 2021? It can take a while for a reply. Visiting to attend a house warming party is not really considered a good reason to visit so wouldn’t have influenced the application.
I have applied this year Jan 14, 2022 .

amukhokher

Jan 24, 2022
They are from India.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I have applied this year Jan 14, 2022 .
It’s only been a bit over 2 weeks so it hasn’t been very long. Anyone who applied after September 2021 applied to the new system. You can always with draw their application or keep the application and if they get approved use the TRV for future travel.