+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor visa for school holidays

sarah10

Nov 5, 2018
Hi everyone. I am a single mom of a Canadian boy (by birth) of 7 years old. The father lives in Canada with his family. We have planned a trip to visit the father during school holidays since our son so wanted to visit Canada. My son will be on school holidays from 12 July to 12 August 2024. While applying for the visitor visa for we have mentioned 2 weeks starting 12 July. I have applied end of March, already done biometrics in May but no reply yet. The processing times at that time was 76 days. So my question is if I get a positive reply after the school days, can we still travel? I take a letter from his school something like that? Please advise

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Your child being Canadian has no bearing on your approval. You don’t need to show his school plans. So if approved, you can travel at any time.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi everyone. I am a single mom of a Canadian boy (by birth) of 7 years old. The father lives in Canada with his family. We have planned a trip to visit the father during school holidays since our son so wanted to visit Canada. My son will be on school holidays from 12 July to 12 August 2024. While applying for the visitor visa for we have mentioned 2 weeks starting 12 July. I have applied end of March, already done biometrics in May but no reply yet. The processing times at that time was 76 days. So my question is if I get a positive reply after the school days, can we still travel? I take a letter from his school something like that? Please advise
76 days is average processing time not guaranteed. The fact that you have lived and attempted to remain in Canada may cause issues for TRV.