+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor visa for retired parents along with under 18 sibling.

Anas Mohammed

Mar 1, 2018
Hello All, My self and my wife are PR holders and planning to apply visitors visa for my parents and sibling who is under 18 to support during the birth of child.

Q1. Proof of funds: is it advisable to show funds from my end as the sponsor for their stay ? Or they should show the funds from back home ?

Q2. Is it better to tell ircc if my parents are retired or self employed?

Q3. What documents to provide for my sibling to show that that he has strong ties back home.

rcincanada2019

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2023
Ontario
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
App. Filed.......
03-07-2022
Nomination.....
30-03-2022
AOR Received.
03-11-2022
Hello All, My self and my wife are PR holders and planning to apply visitors visa for my parents and sibling who is under 18 to support during the birth of child.

Q1. Proof of funds: is it advisable to show funds from my end as the sponsor for their stay ? Or they should show the funds from back home ?

Q3. What documents to provide for my sibling to show that that he has strong ties back home.
Q1. They need to show their own funds.

Q2. It is always advisable to tell IRCC the truth. Are your parents retired? Or self-employed?

Q3. Not sure how to answer this one if parents are also coming to Canada. Maybe employment letter (if employed) or school registration (if enrolled).

Good luck!

Reactions: canuck78

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017

Hopefully this visit is during school holidays. It’s unclear why your sibling is needed to accompany your parents. So they not her other family members in their home country to stay with if your parents travel abroad. Your parents have a much higher chance of approval if they leave their dependent child at home.