+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor visa for parents in India

canworker

Aug 5, 2014
I am a Canadian Permanent Resident and relocated to Canada from USA 2 months ago.

I plan to obtain Visitor Visa for my parents in India. From what I have read so far it looks I can initiate the application right here from Canada through online process, pay the needed fees through credit card and once approval is complete my parents in India would need to send hard copies + passport to Canada Consulate in New Delhi.

1.) Is my understanding above correct ? At least to get started should I be sending electronic copies of the listed documents and digital photograph of my parents?

2.) I see options to use TD Bank Canada Trust as sign-n authorizing entity. Has any one used this option before?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
once approval is complete my parents in India would need to send hard copies + passport to Canada Consulate in New Delhi.
No, you must submit their passports to the nearest VAC/VFS office

canworker

Aug 5, 2014
Ok thanks! I understood about not sending the passports to New Delhi but submitting them to VFS office.

But the online aspect still holds good correct? For getting the pre-requisite approval I mean.