+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa for Parents and Sibling

psaisandeep

Sep 30, 2022
My wife and I have become PRs this summer and are working full time in Canada. I want to bring my family (father, mother and brother) to visit me in Canada. We haven't finalized the travel itinerary yet, but tentatively, it will be a 4week trip with about a week of visiting places around Vancouver. This is my first time applying for visa by myself. Can someone clarify the following questions?
  1. Can my brother and parents apply for TRV in the same application? My brother will be the family representative.
    1. My brother is 30years old, unmarried and is working full time in India.
  2. I am selecting "Family Visit" as the purpose of visit. How detailed shall the itinerary be?
  3. Do we need to show the booked flight tickets for the dates mentioned in the itinerary?
  4. How much funds shall they show in their bank accounts? I will bear the costs of entire trip, but read elsewhere that if I mention this, the visa officer may reject claiming lack of ties back home.
  5. Will employment verification letter, bank account statement for both my father and brother suffice? Or do they need to show asset documentation as well?
  6. This is getting ahead of myself, but assuming the application is approved:
    1. What happens if the actual travel dates do not match the ones specified in the visa application at the time of arrival?
    2. Similarly, does the length of itinerary need to be accurate?
    3. Since the visa is valid for up to 10 years, do they need to show the letter of invitation and itinerary for each visit?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
My wife and I have become PRs this summer and are working full time in Canada. I want to bring my family (father, mother and brother) to visit me in Canada. We haven't finalized the travel itinerary yet, but tentatively, it will be a 4week trip with about a week of visiting places around Vancouver. This is my first time applying for visa by myself. Can someone clarify the following questions?
  1. Can my brother and parents apply for TRV in the same application? My brother will be the family representative.
    1. My brother is 30years old, unmarried and is working full time in India.
  2. I am selecting "Family Visit" as the purpose of visit. How detailed shall the itinerary be?
  3. Do we need to show the booked flight tickets for the dates mentioned in the itinerary?
  4. How much funds shall they show in their bank accounts? I will bear the costs of entire trip, but read elsewhere that if I mention this, the visa officer may reject claiming lack of ties back home.
  5. Will employment verification letter, bank account statement for both my father and brother suffice? Or do they need to show asset documentation as well?
  6. This is getting ahead of myself, but assuming the application is approved:
    1. What happens if the actual travel dates do not match the ones specified in the visa application at the time of arrival?
    2. Similarly, does the length of itinerary need to be accurate?
    3. Since the visa is valid for up to 10 years, do they need to show the letter of invitation and itinerary for each visit?
1. Separate applications. One for your brother and one for your parents.
2. I don't know the answer to this.
3. No, do not book flights before the visa is approved.
4. Your parents and brother need to show their own funds. Chances of approval will be much lower if you are the only one that shows funds.
5. They should show assets / property as well.
6. #1 & #2 - Doesn't matter. #3 - No, they don't.