+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa For my Wife

NAMANN

Feb 24, 2017
Hi Everyone,

I am a canadian PR holder and my wife isn't. I am living outside canada and intent to move to canada next year. But for the time being me and my wife plan to visit canada for our holidays.

How can I apply a visit visa for her ? Currently she is not working and is a housewife.

Please advise how can i get a visa for her.

Thanks

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
I am a canadian PR holder and my wife isn't. I am living outside canada and intent to move to canada next year. But for the time being me and my wife plan to visit canada for our holidays.

How can I apply a visit visa for her ? Currently she is not working and is a housewife.

Please advise how can i get a visa for her.
Based on your post, IMO, it's going to be incredibly difficult (even impossible) for your wife to be approved. As she is not employed, she does not have any *active* strong ties to return to your country of residence. The visa officer will be inclined to believe you will file for spousal sponsorship via the inland process.

I recommend you drop the idea of vacationing in Canada. Assuming you move back and start the PR process, she is not likely to get a TRV if she is unable to demonstrate any active ties