+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

visitor visa for my sister

readergal

Sep 10, 2024
Hello,

I'm an immigrant from India, living in Canada since 2017. I have no history of visa rejection and I'm currently a citizen.
I had applied on my parents' behalf for visitor visa in 2022 and it was approved. Only my mother travelled and went back within the timeframe mentioned initially in the invitation letter.
Now, I want to apply for my sister's visitor visa. She is unmarried. She is a software engineer working in an MNC. There is no property in her name. Will employment letter mentioning her vacation days be enough to prove ties to home country? I'm not sure what other proof I can provide to prove that she will go back after her stay (~4months during summer 2025).
She has enough funds in her name to prove that she can take care of her expenses. Also, I work here and will support in finances.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello,

I'm an immigrant from India, living in Canada since 2017. I have no history of visa rejection and I'm currently a citizen.
I had applied on my parents' behalf for visitor visa in 2022 and it was approved. Only my mother travelled and went back within the timeframe mentioned initially in the invitation letter.
Now, I want to apply for my sister's visitor visa. She is unmarried. She is a software engineer working in an MNC. There is no property in her name. Will employment letter mentioning her vacation days be enough to prove ties to home country? I'm not sure what other proof I can provide to prove that she will go back after her stay (~4months during summer 2025).
She has enough funds in her name to prove that she can take care of her expenses. Also, I work here and will support in finances.
No letter of leave very unlikely to be enough. She must show her own funds. A 4 month visit is way too long and proves she has minimal ties to India. If your parents also have TRVs, especially a supervisa, there may also be concerns that your sister will attempt to remain in Canada.

readergal

Sep 10, 2024
She can show her own funds and my parents have visitor visa. My daughter's birthday is in May. I can mention she will be here for niece's birthday and for sightseeing and include a letter of explanation.
Do you think that would help?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
She can show her own funds and my parents have visitor visa. My daughter's birthday is in May. I can mention she will be here for niece's birthday and for sightseeing and include a letter of explanation.
Coming all the way for a birthday, and staying 4 months is not a valid reason. 2-3 week visit max. Include an itinerary.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Still has relatively weak ties to home country. Coming across the world for a birthday also not a great reason to travel such a difference. Your sister should be attempting to travel for 2-3 weeks maximum to attempt to get a TRV and to also be able to enter Canada if she gets the TRV.

Reactions: Naturgrl

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
Hello,

What type of job lets an employee take four months off ?

A job that doesn’t require them aka no tie

readergal

Sep 10, 2024
What type of job lets an employee take four months off ?

A job that doesn’t require them aka no tie
She can work remotely for 3 months and mentioning that might easily make visa officer rejecting the application. But yes, I understand your point. Length of stay would harm the application so going to cut it short.

Last edited:

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
She can work remotely for 3 months and mentioning that might easily make visa officer rejecting the application. But yes, I understand your point. Length of stay would harm the application so going to cut it short.
Length of stay also could create issues entering Canada even with an approved TRV. If approved an initial visit is often treated as a trial.