+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor visa for my mother to help me after baby birth

huma_tnvr

Sep 14, 2024
I am currently in Canada on a work permit and expecting my first child, with a due date of November 30th, 2024. I wanted to apply for a visitor visa for my mother so she can assist me after the baby’s birth.
kindly provide information on the required documents and the likelihood of approval, given my work permit status?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Her approval is based on her funds (cash in the bank), ties to return (job letter with approved leave, business etc.), travel history, family ties (spouse, children under 22) and valid reasons to travel. You can provide a letter of invitation saying she will meet her grandchild. If she doesn’t have a lot of funds then keep visit to 2-3 weeks. Where is she applying from because processing can be long?

huma_tnvr

Sep 14, 2024
She’s applying from Pakistan, and she doesn’t have her own bank account. Also she a housemaker she’s doesn’t work anywhere.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
She’s applying from Pakistan, and she doesn’t have her own bank account. Also she a housemaker she’s doesn’t work anywhere.
So how will she show her own funds? Whose bank account is she using? She needs that she can afford to visit. IRCC doesn’t need to consider your bank accounts.