+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

visitor visa for mom. Question : Return air ticket and travel start date

Canada_2011

Feb 19, 2010
Dear fellow forum members,

I am citizen of India and Canadian resident. I am applying visitor visa for my mom to visit Canada. Got two questions -

Is it necessary to submit air ticket with return date on it while applying for visitor visa?
The rational behind the question – the travel plan will depend on if we get visa. If visa is denied, we will lose money to cancel the air ticket. It does not make sense to me getting air ticket with return date on it while applying for visa.

Second question:
If visitor visa granted, is there any condition to start the travel soon after getting the visa?

Thanks in advance

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
1. No.
2. No, but must enter Canada on or before the visa expiry date (if she gets one)

Canada_2011 said:
Dear fellow forum members,

I am citizen of India and Canadian resident. I am applying visitor visa for my mom to visit Canada. Got two questions -

Is it necessary to submit air ticket with return date on it while applying for visitor visa?
The rational behind the question – the travel plan will depend on if we get visa. If visa is denied, we will lose money to cancel the air ticket. It does not make sense to me getting air ticket with return date on it while applying for visa.

Second question:
If visitor visa granted, is there any condition to start the travel soon after getting the visa?

Thanks in advance