+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor visa for a sibling using a new IRCC portal

aaradhya91

Nov 12, 2018
Hi Everyone,

I am planning to invite my parents and younger sister to Canada on a visitor visa using the new IRCC portal. Has anyone applied/received a visitor visa for a sibling? I and my husband are PR in Canada, and we believe that we have a strong reason to invite my family to Canada. But, I have heard that getting a visitor visa for a sibling is very challenging. Can anyone please guide me?

TIA,

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi Everyone,

I am planning to invite my parents and younger sister to Canada on a visitor visa using the new IRCC portal. Has anyone applied/received a visitor visa for a sibling? I and my husband are PR in Canada, and we believe that we have a strong reason to invite my family to Canada. But, I have heard that getting a visitor visa for a sibling is very challenging. Can anyone please guide me?

TIA,
Your family needs to show own funds, ties to home country, travel history, reason to travel. Is your sister under 22 or over 22? If under 22, she is included as a dependant on your parents application. If over 22, then she need submits her own application separate from your parents so her profile is assessed without their funds, ties etc.

aaradhya91

Nov 12, 2018
Your family needs to show own funds, ties to home country, travel history, reason to travel. Is your sister under 22 or over 22? If under 22, she is included as a dependant on your parents application. If over 22, then she need submits her own application separate from your parents so her profile is assessed without their funds, ties etc.
Very much appreciate your revert. Thank you so much.