+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa Extension question

chaksbaks

Sep 24, 2016
Hello all

I need experts help in knowing about extension for visitor visa for my mother. She came here in December 2016 and I asked for extension for 4 more months recently. I am not sure when will I get answer but I have heard that sometime it does not come until almost you have passed even your extension time.

The big question I have is if I have asked for 4 months extension but what if I want her to stay for 1 or 2 more months then do I have to re-apply again? Isn't it like even if I ask for 4 months it will automatically extended for further 6 more months?

Thanks in advance!

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Nothing is ever guaranteed even 4 months so will just have to wait and see. And yes if you want to extend again will have to apply again. Is she not on a super visa ?

Deep1

Star Member
Apr 25, 2016
Toronto
Nothing is ever guaranteed even 4 months so will just have to wait and see. And yes if you want to extend again will have to apply again. Is she not on a super visa ?
Hi

I want to confirm, my parents applied for visitor visa in may,2016 received visitor visa in June,2016,

now we are applying for PR case and there is column required UCI AND APPLICATION NUMBER OF VISITOR VISA.
but parents just received Passport (receive by hand at vfs office Chandigarh-India )with stamping visa inside the passport ,no letter issued with passport,

anyone have same experience ?what should I do now? how can I get application and UCI number?

srvn_saru

May 18, 2017
Hi All

I have a question on visitor visa. My wife and kid has visitor visa valid til 05-2018. But their visitor record is valid only till 05-2017.

1. Visitor record is getting expired, kindly let me know whether they can stay in canada.

Note: Visitor Visa is valid till 2018, though visitor record is expired.

If we have valid visa, visitor record is not required? kindly clarify.

Thanks

Sneakydriver

Star Member
Dec 9, 2016
Hi All

I have a question on visitor visa. My wife and kid has visitor visa valid til 05-2018. But their visitor record is valid only till 05-2017.

1. Visitor record is getting expired, kindly let me know whether they can stay in canada.

Note: Visitor Visa is valid till 2018, though visitor record is expired.

If we have valid visa, visitor record is not required? kindly clarify.

Thanks
The visa is only used to come in the country. They can only stay until the date of their visitor record. You can extend their visitor record (I think they mail you a new one, but you have to request it). You need to check their stamps and visitor records date. If they are currently in Canada, make sure you extend it asap. If they are going to Canada then they might just get a new visitor record when they arrive.