+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor visa extension for parents

sitaranv

Dec 19, 2016
Hello,

My parents are here in canada on a visitor visa and i was thinking of applying to extend their stay. When i did an eligibility check i get two options:
a) to apply for visa extension
b) apply for super visa (in canada).
I am little confused which would be the better option. I read somewhere that you cannot apply for super visa from inside of canada but if that is the case why would i get an option like that?

My second question is 'how do they provide proof of financial support' because they do not have any bank statement or anything like that over here. please note that it is different from LICO requirements which i provide as a sponsor. Would my proof of income be sufficient and perhaps we could just attach the same file to both requirements?

Please help!

Thanks

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hello,

My parents are here in canada on a visitor visa and i was thinking of applying to extend their stay. When i did an eligibility check i get two options:
a) to apply for visa extension
b) apply for super visa (in canada).
I am little confused which would be the better option. I read somewhere that you cannot apply for super visa from inside of canada but if that is the case why would i get an option like that?

My second question is 'how do they provide proof of financial support' because they do not have any bank statement or anything like that over here. please note that it is different from LICO requirements which i provide as a sponsor. Would my proof of income be sufficient and perhaps we could just attach the same file to both requirements?

Please help!

Thanks
Hi

You need to apply to extend their visitor status, not for a supervisa. They need to show how they are supporting themselves.