+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

visitor visa extension and medical request

aremC.S

Mar 11, 2015
hey..

recently applied online for visitor visa extension through cic. 8 days later received an update and instruction for a medical that needs to be done within 30 days. so we quickly checked the panel physicians from their list and booked an appointment.. yet the day after (today) we got the request for a medical, we received a new update that the application status is already "closed" and that the final decision has been reached-- "Approved"

Well, of course, we're so surprised that it got approved so quick and confused at the same time. Should we still have to do the medical as requested after getting approved?? i've read in the forums that some visitor record will be received in the mail once approved.

Medical won't be an issue as we will do it anyway for my PR. Maybe just curious if anyone has encountered the same thing. haller! I'd appreciate it.
:D

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

aremC.S said:
hey..

recently applied online for visitor visa extension through cic. 8 days later received an update and instruction for a medical that needs to be done within 30 days. so we quickly checked the panel physicians from their list and booked an appointment.. yet the day after (today) we got the request for a medical, we received a new update that the application status is already "closed" and that the final decision has been reached-- "Approved"

Well, of course, we're so surprised that it got approved so quick and confused at the same time. Should we still have to do the medical as requested after getting approved?? i've read in the forums that some visitor record will be received in the mail once approved.

Medical won't be an issue as we will do it anyway for my PR. Maybe just curious if anyone has encountered the same thing. haller! I'd appreciate it.
:D
1. Yes, as there will be a term and condition on the extension that you must have the medical within 30 days, you don't, the extension is void.