+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa Category if visiting to take a test

TestTaker

Sep 18, 2024
I am trying to apply for a single entry visitor visa so that I can do the Japanese Language Proficiency Test (JLPT) at York University, however I am not sure as to what reason I should select for my application. I had selected "study for less than 6 months without a permit", and one of the required documents is a letter of acceptance with the school's official letterhead. However, the only document I have received from the school is a pdf of a ticket to the event from Eventbrite. Additionally, the coordinators of the event have told me they can not write a letter of invitation, so I can't apply under business purposes. Which visitor visa category would be appropriate for me to select, and if study for less than 6 months is the most appropriate will my eventbrite ticket suffice as a "letter of acceptance"?

forevermore76

May 19, 2024
I am trying to apply for a single entry visitor visa so that I can do the Japanese Language Proficiency Test (JLPT) at York University, however I am not sure as to what reason I should select for my application. I had selected "study for less than 6 months without a permit", and one of the required documents is a letter of acceptance with the school's official letterhead. However, the only document I have received from the school is a pdf of a ticket to the event from Eventbrite. Additionally, the coordinators of the event have told me they can not write a letter of invitation, so I can't apply under business purposes. Which visitor visa category would be appropriate for me to select, and if study for less than 6 months is the most appropriate will my eventbrite ticket suffice as a "letter of acceptance"?
What's your citizenship?