+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa Bank Balance??

aspen300

Oct 17, 2019
Hi everyone, was wondering if I could get some insight. My brother's wedding is coming up and we're hoping to have our uncle from Sri Lanka attend the wedding ceremony here in Canada.

Just wondering, what is the typical bank balance in CAD or Sri Lankan Rupees that the Canadian government looks for when approving a visitors visa?

I know they look at a variable of factors but I've heard if they have 800,000 rupees (about $6,000 CAD) in their Sri Lankan bank account, that is usually a safe amount with respect to variable.

Any insights on this? Also how many months of bank statements are typically necessary?

kat3onah

May 13, 2019
Category........
Hard to tell as we see applicants having $10,000 CAD - $15,0000 and up being denied a visa. I guess depends on the applicant's profile and background.
As for bank statement you need 4-6 months as the flow of money is being checked by the visa officer.

aspen300

Oct 17, 2019
Hard to tell as we see applicants having $10,000 CAD - $15,0000 and up being denied a visa. I guess depends on the applicant's profile and background.
As for bank statement you need 4-6 months as the flow of money is being checked by the visa officer.
Thanks so much for your response and insight! I really appreciate it!

Rhemmygold

Nov 1, 2019
As for bank statement you need 4-6 months as the flow of money is being checked by the visa officer.[/QUOTE
@kat3onah, I am a student and I want to visit my Boyfriend who is a PR of Canada. I have never traveled before and my uncle is the one supporting me we bear the same family name.my question is that where I have Proof Of Financial Resource Of Supporter, am I to use his statements of account. Secondly, where I have Proof Of Means Of Financial Support. What dose this question means?

kat3onah

May 13, 2019
Category........
I am a student and I want to visit my Boyfriend who is a PR of Canada. I have never traveled before
>> This is a problem as you cannot establish that you are really a tourist if you've never stepped out of your home country. A lot of applicants get easily refused because they have no travel history and there are a lot of countries you can go to, off all countries you chose Canada where is hard to get a visit visa.

my uncle is the one supporting me we bear the same family name.my question is that where I have Proof Of Financial Resource Of Supporter, am I to use his statements of account. Secondly, where I have Proof Of Means Of Financial Support. What dose this question means?
How old are you? If you are no longer a minor you are assessed on your own capabilities. To be able to get a visa one must have the following:
1. A valid reason >> You cannot say tourism as you've never been outside your home country. You cannot say you need to visit your BF, right away you might be refused a visa. As some people who were granted a visa violated their visa rights and overstayed in Canada so the visa officers are cautious about applicants saying they will visit their BF/GF.
2. Ties >> Such as job, properties, home and family.. These ties are your reason to go back to your home country.
3. Financial capability to travel >> You are a student, for sure you don't have this for now.

Rhemmygold

Nov 1, 2019
>> This is a problem as you cannot establish that you are really a tourist if you've never stepped out of your home country. A lot of applicants get easily refused because they have no travel history and there are a lot of countries you can go to, off all countries you chose Canada where is hard to get a visit visa.

How old are you? If you are no longer a minor you are assessed on your own capabilities. To be able to get a visa one must have the following:
1. A valid reason >> You cannot say tourism as you've never been outside your home country. You cannot say you need to visit your BF, right away you might be refused a visa. As some people who were granted a visa violated their visa rights and overstayed in Canada so the visa officers are cautious about applicants saying they will visit their BF/GF.
2. Ties >> Such as job, properties, home and family.. These ties are your reason to go back to your home country.
3. Financial capability to travel >> You are a student, for sure you don't have this for now.
I'm 23 in my final year in school so he told me to come and visit him. So are you advising me not to apply cause I have filled all the from online am about paying for the visa fee and to know more about the Means Of Financial Support

kat3onah

May 13, 2019
Category........
I'm 23 in my final year in school so he told me to come and visit him. So are you advising me not to apply cause I have filled all the from online am about paying for the visa fee
It is your decision to apply.
I'm just stating facts that I've seen in this forum
1.) No Travel History is a ground for refusal
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/refusal-of-visa-due-to-lack-of-travel-history-and-ties-to-my-home-country.544110/
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/visitors-visa-got-denied-due-to-travel-history.572106/
2.) The visa officers are cautious about visit BF/GF purpose of visit as some violated the visa rules. They went to Canada to gett married or overstayed.
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/visitor-visa-refused-to-see-canadian-bf.556417/

and to know more about the Means Of Financial Support
https://imgur.com/gallery/69S9I