+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa Application Timing

appleuser

Nov 6, 2023
My friend is trying to come to Canada in June next year, she already wants to start applying for the visitor visa. Is it any suspicious for the visa officer to state that she plan to enter Canada in June, so far away from now? Should she wait to apply? Should she instead say that she would be coming sooner (say in December) when she doesn't plan to?

Bhavsoo

May 18, 2023
My friend is trying to come to Canada in June next year, she already wants to start applying for the visitor visa. Is it any suspicious for the visa officer to state that she plan to enter Canada in June, so far away from now? Should she wait to apply? Should she instead say that she would be coming sooner (say in December) when she doesn't plan to?
it doesn't matter

Reactions: appleuser

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
That is way too early to apply and never a good idea to misrepresent your travel plans. What if she is granted a one time entry TRV with a short expiry date?