+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

visitor visa and then study permit

Sonata95

Jul 23, 2008
Hi All,

my wife is doing ielts end of Sep'14 and she apply visa in Jan'15. I and my two kids want to visit Canada Feb'15 because this period is big holiday in our country. But I am not sure she can get admission and visa for Jan'15 intake. Therefore, I want to apply trv (visitor visa) for 4 of us. If she can do good ielts and get admission on time, can she use the trv visa and get study permit at poe or she can change visitor visa to student visa at home country before going to Canada.

tks

Thang

J5M

Champion Member
May 15, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

Sonata95 said:
Hi All,

my wife is doing ielts end of Sep'14 and she apply visa in Jan'15. I and my two kids want to visit Canada Feb'15 because this period is big holiday in our country. But I am not sure she can get admission and visa for Jan'15 intake. Therefore, I want to apply trv (visitor visa) for 4 of us. If she can do good ielts and get admission on time, can she use the trv visa and get study permit at poe or she can change visitor visa to student visa at home country before going to Canada.

tks

Thang

Your spouse won't get it at POE. You first must apply for SP outside Canada.

Sonata95

Jul 23, 2008
Hi J5M,

thank you for your reply, any different between visitor visa and student visa?. My wife also have US visa, is ít possible to her enter to Canada, then go to US and re-enter to Canada apply study permit because I affraid she have not enough time aplly student visa/permit at home country because she have not got ielts yet.

tks, Thang

Sonata95

Jul 23, 2008
I read a lot of post and aware that a lot of person enter Canada and not show LOA , so they can not get studey permit. I think visitor visa and student visa use the same (TRV), I may be wrong.