+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor to Study permit (prerequisite courcse)

Rajvir_15

Aug 29, 2023
Dear I'm looking to convert visitors vista to study permit, And come to know that one can't convert it directly, And have to complete the prerequisite courses. I had done b.tech in mechanical engineering and 5 years of experience in supply chain management. Kindly suggest.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Dear I'm looking to convert visitors vista to study permit, And come to know that one can't convert it directly, And have to complete the prerequisite courses. I had done b.tech in mechanical engineering and 5 years of experience in supply chain management. Kindly suggest.
So what is your question? There is no conversion, never was. if the program requires pre-requisite courses to gain admission then you complete the courses, get LOA for the program and apply for a study permit. how long is the pre-requisite course?

Rajvir_15

Aug 29, 2023
I wanted to know whether such a program exists or not. According to one of the consulting agency the program should be less than the visiting time, i.e., 6 months.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I wanted to know whether such a program exists or not. According to one of the consulting agency the program should be less than the visiting time, i.e., 6 months.
Correct. Once you have complete the pre-requisite course (can be on a visitor visa if under 6 months) then you apply for a study permit. It is approved based on passing pre-requisite courses, funds, ties to home country, justify program with better career opportunities/education advancement to justify costs. Assume this is for a Masters if you have a degree.

Rajvir_15

Aug 29, 2023
So question is that, what will be the prerequisite course if want to do diploma in supply chain management or any other course?

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
So question is that, what will be the prerequisite course if want to do diploma in supply chain management or any other course?
It's up to the school you want to apply to. Check with the school. If you are hiring a consultant (sounds like you talked to one), then shouldn't that consultant be helping you to get answers like this?

Every school is different and we do not know this kind of information.

Reactions: Naturgrl

Trillionex

Apr 29, 2024
Thanks everyone for helping.
my friend had a visitor visa. valid till 2024 . he applied for study permit in 2019. it was approved and ircc said submit passport. it is simple.

search this forum and youtube many people have got that. i just searched. plus i have seen his passport so...
Hello brother,
I am in the same situation..
I am coming next month on visitor visa and want to go for study permit,

So can you guide me please,
Do you have contacts which can provide and guide me through prerequisite course , how much duration the prerequisite course is.
Can we approach the college or university directly for this ?

Please help.
Thanks

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello brother,
I am in the same situation..
I am coming next month on visitor visa and want to go for study permit,

So can you guide me please,
Do you have contacts which can provide and guide me through prerequisite course , how much duration the prerequisite course is.
Can we approach the college or university directly for this ?

Please help.
Thanks
Go on the university or college site that you want to attend and look at the program you want to attend, admission requirements and application steps. Program needs to show career and education progression to justify costs when you return to home country. Tuition will depend on the school. Why do you need a pre-requisite course?

You need to do some basic research because Canada is a big country with many schools.

Radmin

Jul 17, 2024
Just want to advise you to not do immigration errors because they negatively affect your future applications, you can't apply for SP from inside Canada, you must leave before visitor status expires and apply from outside, if you have any doubt on this you can confirm it with a lawyer they will tell you the same, if the prerequisite course is less than 6 months you can legally complete it on visitor status as long as you have the funds to support yourself and for any costs. Must leave before visitor status expires. Filing for extension of visitor status not recommended. Unless you have a lot of funds to justify how you're supporting yourself without working.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Just want to advise you to not do immigration errors because they negatively affect your future applications, you can't apply for SP from inside Canada, you must leave before visitor status expires and apply from outside, if you have any doubt on this you can confirm it with a lawyer they will tell you the same, if the prerequisite course is less than 6 months you can legally complete it on visitor status as long as you have the funds to support yourself and for any costs. Must leave before visitor status expires. Filing for extension of visitor status not recommended. Unless you have a lot of funds to justify how you're supporting yourself without working.
I got this…horrible misinformation.