+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

VISITOR TO STUDY Permit...please help

mkr046

Sep 26, 2024
Hello there,
I came to Canada as a tourist and planning to apply for study permit inside canada. Please note I have an acceptance letter for masters program. Do I really need to complete prerequisite courses like ESL and then apply? Or with the direct acceptance letter, I can apply for a study permit.

Please help....

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello there,
I came to Canada as a tourist and planning to apply for study permit inside canada. Please note I have an acceptance letter for masters program. Do I really need to complete prerequisite courses like ESL and then apply? Or with the direct acceptance letter, I can apply for a study permit.

Please help....
You can’t apply inside Canada you must send your application abroad to be processed. Applying while you are visiting Canada creates concerns about your ties to your home country. What masters program and school?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello there,

Please help....
You can apply directly but the application must be made through a visa office outside of Canada.

Neato2024

Sep 22, 2024
I am not sure if it depends on the country you came from, but it sounds like it. I came to Canada from the States and extended my visitors visa twice (application process and paid a fee), all while applying for the PR inside Canada. But this sounds different. You could always call and speak with an immigration lawyer to see if there are other options for you. They do charge a fee but it is definitely worth compiling a list of questions and scheduling an appointment with one.