+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor record

Oct 4, 2024
Hi there,

I recently receive the medical exam request for my visitor record application but I am planning to fly back to India in about two weeks for family business. Technically, I should have leave Canada at the end of Sep after staying for half year if I do not apply the visitor record. I was planning to stay another half year so I submitted the visitor record application in July. I only have two weeks left so I do not think I can finish the medical exam before I leave since it is still pretty hard to book the appointment to see the doctor and do the X-ray stuff in a shorttime.

In this case, what would be the general practice? Should I move forward doing the medical exam as much as I could before I fly back to India? Should I send a Web form to IRCC to extend the medical exam? The medical exam will be expired in 30 days which is before I fly back to Canada.

I appreciate all the input and reply! thanks!

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi there,

I recently receive the medical exam request for my visitor record application but I am planning to fly back to India in about two weeks for family business. Technically, I should have leave Canada at the end of Sep after staying for half year if I do not apply the visitor record. I was planning to stay another half year so I submitted the visitor record application in July. I only have two weeks left so I do not think I can finish the medical exam before I leave since it is still pretty hard to book the appointment to see the doctor and do the X-ray stuff in a shorttime.

In this case, what would be the general practice? Should I move forward doing the medical exam as much as I could before I fly back to India? Should I send a Web form to IRCC to extend the medical exam? The medical exam will be expired in 30 days which is before I fly back to Canada.

I appreciate all the input and reply! thanks!
You must do the medical because you already benefited from an extension of your status in Canada. We have seen many in this situation not do the medical and then their next visa is refused. Medical can be done in India. Would also suggest advising IRCC that you have left Canada.

Oct 4, 2024
You must do the medical because you already benefited from an extension of your status in Canada. We have seen many in this situation not do the medical and then their next visa is refused. Medical can be done in India. Would also suggest advising IRCC that you have left Canada.
Hi there. Fair enough. I will try to finish the exam before I leave and let IRRC know. Thank you very much for your reply!