+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Record - How long does it normally take

blurye2

Apr 18, 2017
Applied for a visitor record for my in-laws on July 6th from Alberta.

Their have a return ticket ready for August 10 but can stay till Oct 5 (when the 6 month expires)

All requisite documents (indian saving account, chequing account, bank letter showing the funds in both accounts, our bank statements, employment letters as secondary documents) including medicals were provided. We added an explanation letter (wife is pregnant, hoping to have them help us through the first three months and mentioned the expected return dates). Included details about their private medical insurance too, which we will be extending all the way till they leave once visa is approved.

At the time we applied, the processing time was 88 days and it has now (today) gone up by 108 days. I know it's way too early to expect any reply but is anyone else in this situation? Should we even bother waiting that long? Should I add any other document. In-laws are retired public servants and only came to know about the pregnancy once they arrived. Would have stayed only for 4 months. What's the timeline for visitor record? Has anyone gotten their visitor record before the projected processing date?

Last edited:

ROBBEN

Star Member
Aug 29, 2015
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23 Sept 2015
Doc's Request.
sent along with app
AOR Received.
Nov 2015
File Transfer...
Dec 2015
Med's Request
03 Aug 2016
Med's Done....
10th Aug 2016
Interview........
Hope Not
Passport Req..
Hopefully soon
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
waiting
Hi,
Im also in the same boat as you, My in law is here on Supervisa and Im extending it for the second time... for the same reason as yours.. Its best to get a letter from your doctor, it gives more weight to your case.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi,
Im also in the same boat as you, My in law is here on Supervisa and Im extending it for the second time... for the same reason as yours.. Its best to get a letter from your doctor, it gives more weight to your case.
A letter from your doctor saying your are pregnant does nothing unless you have a medically complex pregnancy. If anything it often hurts the application out of concern that parents may work illegally doing childcare and they have additional ties to Canada with a child.